SD card problems/issues

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on my P3A. Managed the RC with no problems, downloaded the firmware (v1.11.20) and transferred it to an SD card.

When I insert the card into the bird I get a message the card is being initialised but after a couple of minutes or so I get an audio message saying the card cannot be initialised and it should be replaced. I've tried with two cards, and the same result with both.

These are cards that Ive used on the bird before. I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Second problem, I get notification that the bird needs to be updated, but it only shows a link to a DJI tutorial. How can I skip that and just get on with it?

Many thanks.

Terence

Have you done update's before? If not, first make sure the RC is OFF when you try and update the AC. That's rather rudimentary, but had to ask. Also, re-fomat the card and re-install the bin file and try it again.

I've done several updates in the past.

Since my previous post I think I've updated the bird - got the right beeps, got the success message on a text file on the SD card. etc BUT now none of the lights come on and the bird just beeps.

On the RC it shows the gimbal as disconnected as well.

I do have a link from the RC, but the app now shows no battery info. As if it's not there. Also when the bird is on and beeping, no lights show at all

Use go app to reformat the sd card.

"I do have a link from the RC"
@Terence-FWIW, I had to re-link mine after upgrade. By pressing the tiny button on the drone with the remote on and selecting re-link from the app.

Solved!

There are loads of videos on YouTube explaining the problem and offering solutions on how to solve it. The best, I found, was by Baze187 and it solved it.

This is the procedure to follow if you get the Beep from Hell.
1) Reformat an SD card on the bird.
2) Copy the updated firmware file to the card
3) Replace the SD card (with the new firmware) in the drone.
4) Place drone in (preferably a soundproof) room
5) Turn on drone, and it will beep like crazy...just leave the room, close the door and let it do its thing
6) After some eight or nine minutes the beeping will stop and you'll hear the sweet tones of a normal DJI Phantom purring
7) You're done

I think I may have caused the problem by turning the battery off too soon in the original update. I must have miscounted the bleeps and the firmware was not fully loaded or installed.

Thanks to all for their suggestions, much appreciated

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl