SD card not formating in bird

Reaction score
Having some issues with my 32gb SanDisk extreme mini sd card throwing an error of 'invalid sd card' have formatted it FAT32 on Windows, but refuses to format on the bird. Anyone have any idea on this? The card has perfectly well before, but has stopped working recently.

Having some issues with my 32gb SanDisk extreme mini sd card throwing an error of 'invalid sd card' have formatted it FAT32 on Windows, but refuses to format on the bird. Anyone have any idea on this? The card has perfectly well before, but has stopped working recently.
Does you computer still work with it now?

Reactions: RodPad
Does you computer still work with it now?
With the card? Yes it works fine in my computer, is completely empty after computer formatting. Fully working. Just comes up invalid in GO, and refuses to format in GO

With the card? Yes it works fine in my computer, is completely empty after computer formatting. Fully working. Just comes up invalid in GO, and refuses to format in GO
It's odd that the card is OK in the computer but the camera won't play with it.
It might be time to get a new card (or a few).
Cards can sometimes give up and it's a good idea to have a spare in your drone box.

Reactions: TobyGale
You been a member for a year, and your just now posting?
Welcome to the Forum!

Yes odd, that it works in the computer, for sure you need to try another card.
But also try formatting it as exFAT.

Thinking about your issue, and what I have also learned from SSD drives.

When DJI formats a card when the format is complete as we think it should be done.
Maybe they write something to the card and verify that it saved correctly pass's a CRC check, etc.
They may deleted it when it done.

Or they are checking for read write errors as it is being formatted.

Anyways, I have now idea...
But check out this thread: ;)

SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB MicroSD card issues...

Rod

Reactions: TobyGale
You been a member for a year, and your just now posting?
Welcome to the Forum!

Yes odd, that it works in the computer, for sure you need to try another card.
But also try formatting it as exFAT.

Thinking about your issue, and what I have also learned from SSD drives.

When DJI formats a card when the format is complete as we think it should be done.
Maybe they write something to the card and verify that it saved correctly pass's a CRC check, etc.
They may deleted it when it done.

Or they are checking for read write errors as it is being formatted.

Anyways, I have now idea...
But check out this thread: ;)

Rod
Yes it is strange! I signed up sometime ago and had completely forgot about it. Have been struggling with this issue for a few days and remembered about the forum!!

Thanks for all your help, I'll try a new card and see how I get on. Will post again once the issue is resolved

It's odd that the card is OK in the computer but the camera won't play with it.
It might be time to get a new card (or a few).
Cards can sometimes give up and it's a good idea to have a spare in your drone box.
So the real question now is....

Which new card should I get! I have been an avid SanDisk user for full size cards in my DSLR and have had no trouble for years. But this particular micro card has been giving me much grief!

Any suggestions on other 32gb cards with good reliability?

So the real question now is....

Which new card should I get! I have been an avid SanDisk user for full size cards in my DSLR and have had no trouble for years. But this particular micro card has been giving me much grief!

Any suggestions on other 32gb cards with good reliability?
All I can do is point you to:
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help

But if you ask your question on this thread:
Somebody will give you some thoughts. ;)

Rod

Most good brand name cards are the same. I once had some fake Samsung (I think) micro SD's that crapped out and I lost content. Stick with SanDisk, Lexar, Transend, Sony, etc. and you'll be fine. Be sure to get the fast ones like the U3 rating.

Just bought a Samsung 128gb u3 card, after a quick no flight test it seems to be recording and taking photos. The card must have been dead. Hopefully it staying working correctly. Thanks everyone for all your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic