SD Card Formatting Issue

Yes,
And there is a way to FORCE firmware install,
Search it on YouTube!

Might help as a last ditch effort!

J Dot
:cool:

Thanks for all the suggestions. One other thought I had. As I was in the process of upgrading the firmware (unsuccessfully, as described) I also upgraded the firmware on the RC - successfully. Although the instructions are very clear that the copter firmware must ne done BEFORE the RC, I think I jumped the gun. Could this error on my part be causing the issues I have with upgrading the firmware on copter and also preventing the RC to see the camera on the copter?

I’d reformat it on your computer then use it a little to check and try again in the Phantom. I’ve always used the computer after transferring the videos.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's the crux of my issue. I am not able to update the firmware on the copter and thus, can't fly. (The RC is seeing the copter but not getting the proper clearance from the copter to allow it to take flight)

Try reverting the tx back on
By pressing and holding the little icon top right of app home screen, a window will open, and give you whatever chooses you have avail.

Depending on your version of firmwares, some are PRE ENCRYPTION, some are POST ENCRYPTION, your tx might be pre while your craft is post, or visa-versa!
They NEED to match, both pre or both post!

If you search for firmware encryption, this may help!

J Dot

I'm not sure if STANDARD is the same or not, but advanced and pro series are like that!

If you have Litchi give it a try. I’ve had no problems running it and unlike DJI GO it doesn’t require upgrades, etc. and, it doesn’t crash! It just might Gus your problem.
Jim
WA5TEF.

Thanks, J Dot, I will give that a try. Much obliged!
J Dot- Although I haven't been able to check out the status of the PRE/POST ENCRYPTION (I'm at work), let's just assume they are not the same, do you have a suggestion as to what I'd need to do next to get them compatible?

If you upgraded your tx, then problems started,
It's safe to say,
Your Tx has become the problem!
So I'd start there!

I had a similar experience,
Bought used P3p with no Tx, so bought a " A " Tx ( gl300a I believe )
I could get camera to move, with dial wheel, and yaw movements, but nothing else, showed Tx as being linked to the AC ( bird ), light was green on Tx! I thought WTH?
So after a week and a half with no answers, and no joy, I started playing with firmwares, on my 3rd attempt ( SUCESS )

I'll try to post my firmware versions when I get home, cannot remember ( tx was like 1.7.1 and bird was like 1.8.0 or something like that, pre encryption I believe! ) but I'll post correct pairing tonight ( if standard is the same with firmwares? I've never owned or even fooled with the standard, or 4K crafts, only pro and advanced! Maybe the standard GURUS can fill us in!

J Dot

If you upgraded your tx, then problems started,
It's safe to say,
Your Tx has become the problem!
So I'd start there!

I had a similar experience,
Bought used P3p with no Tx, so bought a " A " Tx ( gl300a I believe )
I could get camera to move, with dial wheel, and yaw movements, but nothing else, showed Tx as being linked to the AC ( bird ), light was green on Tx! I thought WTH?
So after a week and a half with no answers, and no joy, I started playing with firmwares, on my 3rd attempt ( SUCESS )

I'll try to post my firmware versions when I get home, cannot remember ( tx was like 1.7.1 and bird was like 1.8.0 or something like that, pre encryption I believe! ) but I'll post correct pairing tonight ( if standard is the same with firmwares? I've never owned or even fooled with the standard, or 4K crafts, only pro and advanced! Maybe the standard GURUS can fill us in!

J Dot
J Dot- Were you able to find out what firmware version you were using successfully for the P3P? I've got app V 3.1.22; Copter V 1.11.20; R/C V 1.9.2 BAFS Database V 01.00.01.05

Not sure if I mentioned this earlier but, I'm also getting a "No Image Transmission Signal" on the home screen of the R/C.

I hear you
Let's get the Tx to bind with the bird first, then we can tackle any other issues

I'm pre encryption ( if I remember correctly )
Been a WHILE!
IMG_1493.JPG

Here is a SIDEWAYS screenshot, sorry was holding phone upside down!

J Dot

Ok, Thanks! My software seems to be a few versions ahead (although I'm not sure how DJI number progressions work.) Is there some place that would list the various versions of the software that were published?

From what I have garnered by reading other posts, I can't just skip to the versions that work but need to walk back version by version to get where I need to be. Is that a correct assumption?

P3p can upgrade to any newer version, BUT
will only let you revert back by 1.
So be careful going forward, you won't be able to go back to ones you skipped
( example: let's say firmwares are simply ( 1 2 3 4 5 etc, and you are on 1, you decide to jump right to 5, now you will ONLY be able to go back to 4, so 2 & 3 are lost to you. ( if it is still the same when I fooled with them, but as you can see by my versions I'm outdated, but that refuse to upgrade, as mine is problem free ( occasional compass error ) but rare!
I'm trying to find the post ( it's in phantom help forum ) but was a full ( downloadable ) list of all firmwares! But can't seem to find it? But I will!

J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel