SD Card Formatting Issue

captainmilehigh

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Strange one here guys. I have 2 P3S Standards, each on identical firmware. The R/C’s are on identical firmware also. Only difference is a DBS on one of the r/c’s.

I can format the SD cards fine on the GoApp on 1 bird with no issues. They will not format on the other bird on the GoApp. Says something like ‘re-format failed’.

I don’t really have an issue with this, as I can format on one of them, but it has my curiosity up. Anybody got a clue?

Thanks. Blue Skies and Calm Winds to All. [emoji106]

Strange one here guys. I have 2 P3S Standards, each on identical firmware. The R/C’s are on identical firmware also. Only difference is a DBS on one of the r/c’s.

I can format the SD cards fine on the GoApp on 1 bird with no issues. They will not format on the other bird on the GoApp. Says something like ‘re-format failed’.

I don’t really have an issue with this, as I can format on one of them, but it has my curiosity up. Anybody got a clue?

Thanks. Blue Skies and Calm Winds to All. [emoji106]

I have the same issue with 2 of my p2v+ models, one reads the card fine, other does not? So I bought a new bigger card, and both will read it! So might just be the card? Or try some ( plastic safe Contact cleaner on the card, and the slot ) maybe dibris on one pin?

Mine seemed to be the card ( but was a cheaper 4gb card I bought a while ago! I use the fast 32gb now!

Hope this helps
J Dot
:cool:

I call user error .
nXPW1I5.gif

I have the same issue with 2 of my p2v+ models, one reads the card fine, other does not? So I bought a new bigger card, and both will read it! So might just be the card? Or try some ( plastic safe Contact cleaner on the card, and the slot ) maybe dibris on one pin?

Mine seemed to be the card ( but was a cheaper 4gb card I bought a while ago! I use the fast 32gb now!

Hope this helps
J Dot

Yep, could be the card, or the SD slot in the bird maybe? Dunno.

It gives me an excuse to get a few new SD cards......and some contact cleaner. No biggie.......just has me baffled. [emoji848]

Reactions: J Dot
I've got a similar issue (i think) whereby the program starts to update (series of green then red flashes on gimble) then after about a minute, the beeps go to solid and the red light on gimble stays on. (I believe that is indicating the update failed.) I've re-formated the microdisks (used 2 separate ones) and have tried the same process about 2 dozen times over a 10 hour period (I know- a true sign of a fool) Does anyone have any ideas? FYI... when I try to start copter, r/c says copter needs firmware update but motors start for a few seconds then shut down. Also, camera hasn't connected in any case described above. App Version 3.1.22 Aircraft V 1.11.20 RC V1.9.2 Any assistance would be sincerely appreciated. - Best Regards, SP

p.s. I have a Phantom 3P

Have you tried going back by one, then forward again?
Maybe new is loaded but corrupt?
Worth a try either way!:)

J Dot

Yes,
1 version earlier ( its all it will let you do anyhow, lol ) and either stay there if all works, or come back to current!

You can go up as many as you want, but can only go back by one from current, no matter what version! If that makes sense? Lol

J Dot

Sorry- As you could tell, I'm new at this. Is there a location you could point me to for the earlier downloadable version? I was only able to find the current version on DJI's website. Thx again!

Well you are correct, I'd ask the folks in the p3p forums as a lot of the guys keep their old firmware saved on their laptop, just in case, lol!

I'll look to see what I have saved as well, I might be able to send you a zip file, but mine is very old firmware, might not let you revert back that far?
But I'll look! And in the mean time ask around for help! I'm sure someone has it!

Sorry did not realize dji shut it down! Wish they would quit changing crap all the time! Man!

J Dot

I loaded the previous version of the firmware update and the result was the same as previously... starts to load then freezes, ending in failed update. I have another, perhaps crazy idea. I also have a P3A that works great ( I haven't installed the firmware upgrade and don't think I'm inclined to do so with all the issues.) Can I take the firmware version from that copter P3A(which i'm confident works) and install it into the P3P???

No,
Different camera firmwares, won't work, unless you change the cameras out as well!
Same craft, different camera!

J Dot

Steve- Thank you, very much! SP
Glad it helped you (but I also see your later problem). However, I am just the messenger - Main thanks actually due to owner and organiser of that linked site, member 'msinger' here.

With regard to that question, as stated by J Dot - sorry - no, you can't do that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1