Scary Argtek antenna first flight.

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I just almost had a heart attack. I installed the Argtek antenna. I got out to about 1600 ft. I completely lost signal. I jetted into my car and could not see it at all. I finally got connection via wifi again my remote was beeping indicating it was landing. I established connection and to my surprise it had return home safely in my back yard. Same flight path with stock antenna and I could easily get 2400 ft. Any thoughts? I made sure all connections are seated properly. I am running most current version firmware on my phantom 3. However 2.7.0 on my tablet. Could that cause an issue? Antenna position? What may I be doing wrong?

Last edited:
its a toss up, some people are getting better than stock results with the argtek, some worse. but it apparently coincides with firmware updates as well. alot of people started losing distance at the 1.3 update the argtek 5.8 antenna also gives off a different pattern than the stock antenna. you will be told to make sure its at a 45 degree angle and flat side to the bird. 1200 feet is about where i max out with mine. so you have a good connection on the board.

its a toss up, some people are getting better than stock results with the argtek, some worse. but it apparently coincides with firmware updates as well. alot of people started losing distance at the 1.3 update the argtek 5.8 antenna also gives off a different pattern than the stock antenna. you will be told to make sure its at a 45 degree angle and flat side to the bird. 1200 feet is about where i max out with mine. so you have a good connection on the board.

Thank you. It is weird it went from full bars straight to signal lost. Is that normal? I was getting over 2000 ft stock flying same flight path on stock antenna.

when i got mine i was able to go like 400 feet and lose signal on stock. i did this conversion as a noob and my all time best and i think its cause i was flying in the wind was like 2200 feet. and i can get close to that with standard controller with the windsurfer added. i was impressed and scared **** less when i got to 1300 feet altitude.........stock antenna with windsurfer horizontal position. i was out away from civilization very close to a mountain so in my mind no flying planes or choppers that close. i am coming to the conclusion, at least for me. if i want to fly further than i can, ill use litchi and plan a mission. i have not confirmed it but i guess it will fly what ever you tell it to even with out controller signal.

Reactions: DigitalBloodyFPV
when i got mine i was able to go like 400 feet and lose signal on stock. i did this conversion as a noob and my all time best and i think its cause i was flying in the wind was like 2200 feet. and i can get close to that with standard controller with the windsurfer added. i was impressed and scared **** less when i got to 1300 feet altitude.........stock antenna with windsurfer horizontal position. i was out away from civilization very close to a mountain so in my mind no flying planes or choppers that close. i am coming to the conclusion, at least for me. if i want to fly further than i can, ill use litchi and plan a mission. i have not confirmed it but i guess it will fly what ever you tell it to even with out controller signal.

I am flying from my back yard going over an huge open field. I noticed tonight. Just moving the position of the controller away from the phantom I lose a bar within 8 feet away. I guess you really have to have a straight line of site with it as it is not omni directional.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj