Reaction score
I was having a heck of a time trying to find one of my devices that could view the live downlink from the my new-to-me P3P and had GPS built in. I finally realized I'd bought a Samsung Tab A for some work stuff not too long ago! Huzzah! It's listed on the approved devices list and everything! Fire it up... glitchy terrible video after a few minutes of flying. Dig around on forums for hours and finally find that the app software may be the issue, so I've downgraded the app to v2.9.0 and it seems to be working okay... I'm not sure if I want to go do a midnight flight at the dog park right now to really test it out. I really just wanted to put this out there in case other people have run into the same issue! I am up to date on the RC, camera, and copter versions. I've only downgraded the app so far. Someone said that upgrading to the HDMI module could help as well? I'm interested to try that, but probably not yet.

Now on to addressing a little shimmy in the system that seems to have cropped up. Hoping a fresh set of props will fix that.

Thanks for all of the info out there folks!
Tony

UPDATE
Poodles... seemed to work for about half of a flight. I switched to "follow me" mode - the key feature I'm after and it worked for a bit and then made a funny movement backwards that made me think the GPS in the Samsung leaped somewhere strange so I flipped the P3P out of function into GPS mode. Flew around some more, recording the entire time - no cache to the device - and I was getting a great video link to the Samsung. Ran a quick point of interest and just generally buzzed around before flipping back to follow me and then the video feed cut out though it looked like the drone was still following. I landed after that. Looks like I'll have to keep up with the Jonses and spend nearly what I laid out on the drone on an iPad mini 4.

Last edited:
I have that tablet. It works absolutely fine. Is there a bunch of extra crap installed on it? I would factory reset it and then only install DJI Go on it.

I have that tablet. It works absolutely fine. Is there a bunch of extra crap installed on it? I would factory reset it and then only install DJI Go on it.
It has Instagram, Facebook, pages, and twitter for work accounts (initial reason I bought it) and it's only a couple of months old. If it can't handle having those apps installed, but not running, then I don't think I'm willing to trust its robustness to fly my investment around. Also the GPS signal seemed super weak regardless. Time for an upgrade!

Thanks.
Tony

Sent from my SM-J700P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah. I'll rephrase. It works absolutely fine if it's sole purpose is to use with your Phantom. If you want something dual purpose, then you'll need something with more horsepower.

Reactions: tonyhoff
I actually spent a very long afternoon/evening wiping the tablet and installing a couple different versions of the DJI app all byitself onto the tablet. I disabled all of the services and apps that didn't seem necessary (google app store, google play services, etc.) I tried with the most recent DJI GO app and 2.9.0 I believe. they both hung up and lost video connection after 5-10 minutes of grounded recording and flying.

I actually spent a very long afternoon/evening wiping the tablet and installing a couple different versions of the DJI app all byitself onto the tablet. I disabled all of the services and apps that didn't seem necessary (google app store, google play services, etc.) I tried with the most recent DJI GO app and 2.9.0 I believe. they both hung up and lost video connection after 5-10 minutes of grounded recording and flying.

Wow. That's odd. I'm still not having any problems. I'm not sure what else to do at this point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31