Samsung SD Card Gets Jammed Every Time

Reaction score
Hi,

I just received a Samsung Evo Plus 128gb SD card. The original Sony card clicks in and out with no issues. However, this card is thicker, and has gotten jammed every time I put it in. I am able to get it, but it takes some doing. Is this normal with some memory cards? Should I order another one in hopes that it's slightly thinner? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

-ThePicardManeuver

Hi,

I just received a Samsung Evo Plus 128gb SD card. The original Sony card clicks in and out with no issues. However, this card is thicker, and has gotten jammed every time I put it in. I am able to get it, but it takes some doing. Is this normal with some memory cards? Should I order another one in hopes that it's slightly thinner? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

-ThePicardManeuver
Never had a card get stuck. Sure it's not a knock-off?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Never had a card get stuck. Sure it's not a knock-off?

It appears to be legit, but it's definitely thicker than other cards. I took the 128gb Samsung Evo Select sd out of my Raspberry Pi and tested it in the Phantom 4, and it locks in and springs out with no issues. I decided to return the card and order an Evo Select card instead, as they're identical cards with different names and coloring. The only reason I got the Evo Plus was because of the red color, which would make an sd card much easier to see if dropped. It's possible that this card was just defective, and that other Evo Plus cards may fit. However, it's not worth risking it again just for the color. I've caused enough potential stress to the mechanism, and really wish I hadn't put that card back in it after the first time it jammed.

The small plastic case and the adapter...stays in my case for my P3SE......when its time to pop the tiny amazing card out.....I have the adapter ready to SLIP it in and then inside the larger clear main card holder then immediately back in the drone case....That way NOT a thing is lost.....its amazing what space is available in the memory cards...and its best Not to ever touch the gold plated tiny contacts as a little oil off your finger sure could cause weak contact points !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94