Safe to update P4P firmware (current 01.03.0509) or hold steady?

When reading about the updates and all the issues people have I wonder. I have an iPad Pro and whenever the DJI4 app updates itself, I connect the controller and check for the updates on the RC, drone, batteries and if an update found I just update. I have quite fast connectivity and the whole update of 2 RC, 1 P4P, 3 batteries takes less then 30 minutes. Then whenever I go and fly after the update, I check whether some issues appear, but till now I have not experienced any issues after the update.

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
I updated the firmware to latest version and that made it all better.
no more red box error message.
I used dji assistant 2 to do the upgrade and it worked the first try.
I Have a P4P and a P4 and never had problems with upgrades. I'm no tech genius. I guess I'm just lucky. I try to follow directions and take my time.So far so good.

I just flew my p4p for it's maden flight because it just returned from dji as a replacement due to a crash.
I had to do the new firmware update due to a red box error that kept popping up.
the new firmware update eliminated the red box error message.
it flew fantastic from power up to landing.
this new firmware update seems to work fine for me.

I just flew my p4p for it's maden flight because it just returned from dji as a replacement due to a crash.
I had to do the new firmware update due to a red box error that kept popping up.
the new firmware update eliminated the red box error message.
it flew fantastic from power up to landing.
this new firmware update seems to work fine for me.

That is until you realize you just permanently screwed up your bird by giving control over to DJI and can no longer fly in a lot of parts of the country now thanks to their horrible NFZ map. Just wait until you try to fly out of your "safe" zone. Or maybe you plan to never leave your neighborhood where you are able to fly now and may never have that problem.

That is until you realize you just permanently screwed up your bird by giving control over to DJI and can no longer fly in a lot of parts of the country now thanks to their horrible NFZ map. Just wait until you try to fly out of your "safe" zone. Or maybe you plan to never leave your neighborhood where you are able to fly now and may never have that problem.
Thumbs up on this post. I'm never migrating away from 1.3.509. Anything newer is highly limiting. I've found new P4P freedoms with this version. Parameters.

fly where you can.
when I was under the 1.3.509 I kept getting error messaged about only being able to fly 30m and 50 m
after I did the firmware update the red box with the error message in it went away.
phantom flew fine this morning.
no problems.

Thumbs up on this post. I'm never migrating away from 1.3.509. Anything newer is highly limiting. I've found new P4P freedoms with this version. Parameters.
Question.
if you were going to buy a new Black phantom p4p what firmware do you think would come installed in this new phantom p4p?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT