P4 Firmware Safe way to roll back P4P firmware?

Reaction score
My brother recently bought a used P4P after flying mine a few times but he's having problems with DJI geo-fencing. He actually lives in an authorization zone and DJIs geo-fencing is driving him nuts lol. Am I understanding it right that the '509' version of the P4Ps firmware was before geo-fencing? Not looking to break any rules or anything or fly unsafe, just trying to help him get his drone up without a whole bunch of aggravation. If I'm correct in my assumption is there a safe way to roll back the firmware? Thanks in advance, any help would definitely be appreciated.

Jody / Dunlap Aviation

Not sure. Does your P4P work at his location? Beautiful drone, it's a shame he can't fly it at home, for now. Hope he has some locations nearby that are open to him. Good luck.

They both work at his house.... Sometimes. There is no rhyme or reason as to when it will work and when it won't. We've tried both methods for "unlocking" DJIs geo-fence using the website to unlock 3 days at a time and the "onsite" method unlocking one day at a time. I used the website to unlock mine and it worked fine the first day but not the 2nd so I tried the onsite method and had to do it like 13 times in a row to finally get it to unlock (imagine trying to hurry and get your drone up to catch a sunset/sunrise or really anything spontaneous like that is pretty much impossible. He's never been able to unlock his thru the website his flight controller number is full of 0s or are they Os or are they a combination of the two? He's asked everybody we know that's into drones and keeps getting different answers as to whether it's a ZERO or the letter O or a combination of the two. So he's been using the daily method of unlocking with the same sporadic results. I actually feel kinda sorry for him buying a shiny new toy and it's been nothing but a constant source of aggravation and torment. I know there are supposedly ways to hack the geofencing to supposedly render them inoperable costs like $49.95 per drone but my brother is the kind of guy that constantly follows every rule, drives 5mph under the speed limit and has literally never even tasted alcohol so breaking any kind of rule just isn't an option. He is however trying to talk his wife into moving to put an end to this once and for all lol. Don't think it's gonna happen tho considering they just bought the house not even a year ago and it's right around the corner from her sisters house so his wife ain't gonna budge on account of some Chinese plastic helicopter toy as she calls it lol. Anybody have any ideas how to help?

Download the P4P Release Notes, and DJI Assistant-2 v2.0.8 Software:
Use the Assistant-2 software to downgrade, you have to connect the AC/RC to the computer via USB.
I have red once that the AC v01.04.0602 firmware can not be downgraded. Simultaneous with this AC update there was also a RC firmware update.
You have to downgrade 1 firmware at a time!
So if you want to downgrade from v01.05.0600 to v01.04.0602, you can NOT skip v01.05.0300.
Also check for corresponding RC firmware version.

Download the P4P Release Notes, and DJI Assistant-2 v2.0.8 Software:
Use the Assistant-2 software to downgrade, you have to connect the AC/RC to the computer via USB.
I have red once that the AC v01.04.0602 firmware can not be downgraded. Simultaneous with this AC update there was also a RC firmware update.
You have to downgrade 1 firmware at a time!
So if you want to downgrade from v01.05.0600 to v01.04.0602, you can NOT skip v01.05.0300.
Also check for corresponding RC firmware version.
With DUMLdore you don't have to worry about any of that. you can load any version you like.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers