Safe to update P4P firmware (current 01.03.0509) or hold steady?

Reaction score
I'm currently on the following with my P4P:
App version 4.1.11
Aircraft firmware 01.03.0509
Remote Controller 01.04.00.00
Flight Database 00.00.01.04
Basic App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05
Precise App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05

Booting up the P4P, I get a popup saying 'A Precise Fly Safe Database update required. Please update as soon as possible to ensure your flight safety' - Ignore/Update Now

Ignoring lets me go into the flying screen.

I did get one warning on a recent flight that I was now limited in height/distance. I want to say 30m? But did not actually see any limitations when flying.

I'm fine staying at the current firmware given everything I've read on here. Wasn't sure if this was the 'best' current firmware and keeps me from the annoyance of having to get prior approval to fly anywhere.

Thanks!

E

This drone is a refurbished P4P. Just updated on 10/01/17 Sunday. 1. App Version 4.13,Aircraft 01.04.0602,RC 01.04.01.00,Flight Database 01.00.01.04. No Problems whatsoever.P,S, and A Modes work great. In fact I had sport mode up to 48mph and P at around 22mph. Also the craft hovered very steady.Only flew a short distance,maybe half a mile,but everything so far seems normal.Will do some more flying and test a few things when I get some more time during the coming days.

DO NOT UPDATE AT ALL COSTS!!!! 509 is the last known stable working versions. You cannot go back to it if you do decide to update without hacking. If you do have problems like MANY MANY others you will be SOL unless you know how to hack it and roll it back. Why risk it FOR NO BENEFIT WHATSOEVER and update to a known version with many problems.

Months back a firmware update bricked my P3P to the tune of $159 and 7 weeks wait. Just did my P4P and guess what, controller is effing up. Trying to find a zip or bin file to try a SD card reload. anyone?
S. Lewis

El Dedos, Not familiar with the P3.So far the P4P is working fine. Still have to fly it some more to make sure everything is properly installed. Good luck with yours and hope it works out fine. Try going on the P3 blog. Hopefully you'll get a better response.

I found a site with a list of "problems" and how to fix them. Finally got the aircraft and controller firmware up to date and thought it was fixed. Worked once then back to the problem of "no connection" scrambled video / just unusable. so then
I tried another suggestion, i.e. changed the SD card back to my trusty 64G Sandisk from a 128G Samsung. Again it
worked once and then testing at home it was back to the original problem. I'm going to try to back the firmware down and see what happens. Getting a little frustrated but I bought the "Care" package and may have to send it in.
S. Lewis
P4P / P3P / Mavic Pro / Goggles

Did further testing and flying on my P4P several times this week since my last post. Everything appears to be working fine; however I did have a scare when my 64G Sandisk apparently either got corrupted or just failed to work properly. It was causing my videos on my IPad Mini 4 to cut out or stop. I changed over to an old 64G Transcend it seemed to have cured that problem. Will try other Sandisks just to make sure .Hope you cure the problems your having.

I'm currently on the following with my P4P:
App version 4.1.11
Aircraft firmware 01.03.0509
Remote Controller 01.04.00.00
Flight Database 00.00.01.04
Basic App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05
Precise App Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.05

Booting up the P4P, I get a popup saying 'A Precise Fly Safe Database update required. Please update as soon as possible to ensure your flight safety' - Ignore/Update Now

Ignoring lets me go into the flying screen.

I did get one warning on a recent flight that I was now limited in height/distance. I want to say 30m? But did not actually see any limitations when flying.

I'm fine staying at the current firmware given everything I've read on here. Wasn't sure if this was the 'best' current firmware and keeps me from the annoyance of having to get prior approval to fly anywhere.

Thanks!

E
I'm the same as you except for the app, I'm at 4.1.12. I get all the same warnings and ignore them. My Phantom is working flawlessly, and I plan on keeping it that way. I have noticed a slight bit of wobble while hovering, but nothing that the gimbal can't handle.

There is a difference I noticed in the data we each have 1.App Version 4.13, 2.Aircraft 01.04.0602, 3.RC 01.04.01.00, 4.Flight Database 01.00.01.04. I have App Version 4.1.13 also, Aircraft 01.04.0602,Database 01.04.01.00.What these differences in number codes mean is above my paygrade;but so far I just consider myself lucky. I flew both my P4P and my P4 with no problems; however as I mentioned in an earlier post, I got a scare with a bad SD card but that was negated with a new 64g card. Also I now make it a habit to format the cards while there in the bird.

Mine updated automatically today and it has had nothing but problems. The app won’t load correctly and freezes non stop. Tried for over an hour and can’t get it to work

I agree, those firmware updates are very annoying. They are frequent, it may take several hours to update everything (aircraft, batteries, controller), and usually bring more problems than they solve.

Last edited:
mine is on the 01.03.0593
when I turn the motors on a get an error message that my distance and altitude are limited to 30m 50m.
what do you do about that?
it is not in berginer mode.

when I turn the motors on a get an error message that my distance and altitude are limited to 30m 50m.

This may solve your problem

Reactions: gwp4p
Log out, log in

I loged in and loged out and I still get the error.

I found a site with a list of "problems" and how to fix them. Finally got the aircraft and controller firmware up to date and thought it was fixed. Worked once then back to the problem of "no connection" scrambled video / just unusable. so then
I tried another suggestion, i.e. changed the SD card back to my trusty 64G Sandisk from a 128G Samsung. Again it
worked once and then testing at home it was back to the original problem. I'm going to try to back the firmware down and see what happens. Getting a little frustrated but I bought the "Care" package and may have to send it in.
S. Lewis
P4P / P3P / Mavic Pro / Goggles

What was the site you found listing all of the problems and fixes?

I updated the firmware to latest version and that made it all better.
no more red box error message.
I used dji assistant 2 to do the upgrade and it worked the first try.

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik