Safe to fly NO GPS problem

Reaction score
Lately I am having an issue with safe to fly no GPS warning. I realise other people seem to be having a problem with it flicking between GPS and No GPS randomly but mine is slightly different. When I am hovering in place everything is ok, all geen with GPS signal. As soon as I start moving the Phantom around I get the no GPS warning, this continues during flight until I stop moving and hover and then everything is ok and all green again.

Signal strength never drops below 13-14 satellites flying in an open field.

Any advice? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

P3 Advanced
Aircraft Firmware 1.6.40
Remote Firmware 1.5.70
App 2.6.0
Using Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 only with DJI GO app

Lately I am having an issue with safe to fly no GPS warning. I realise other people seem to be having a problem with it flicking between GPS and No GPS randomly but mine is slightly different. When I am hovering in place everything is ok, all geen with GPS signal. As soon as I start moving the Phantom around I get the no GPS warning, this continues during flight until I stop moving and hover and then everything is ok and all green again.

Thanks
Do you see this issue with Airplane mode on?

When was your last compass calibration. I think I read that this problem can occur when I bad calibration has been introduced.. The AC has a problem reconciling the true location so it switches off GPS. Have you tried calibrating in a different location?

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

It wouldnt hurt to try a compass and imu calibration. We all know GPS needs satilities, which it seems you have hiwever some of the discussion lately around needing imu and compass data that makes sense to the flight controller (including gps data) made sense to me.

Thanks. Anyone had this issue using the iOS, GO app?

Yes, I had the identical problem that the original poster said, today flying in an open park, I was using iOS, with DJI GO app, on my iphone 6. It's never done that to me before. I had just changed out my landing gear to another stock pair, but black, that matched my P3P. At first I thought maybe I pinched the GPS wire you have to route through the landing gear, but now that I see this thread, maybe it's more of a common problem.

Last edited:

Thanks
We would like to know if your problem is resolved and how?

I don't know about Pauly, but I have not had a recurrence of this in about 10 flights. Made no changes, flew in mostly same places.

Weird.

I'm not saying it was aliens....
I don't know about Pauly, but I have not had a recurrence of this in about 10 flights. Made no changes, flew in mostly same places.

Weird.
I'm not saying it was aliens....

Reactions: Jack Ley

Thanks
Just to be clear. The indication is that the GPS signal is lost? This and not that it's switching to ATTI mode from GPS-ATTI mode? Also, I'm assuming you don't get compass error indication or you would have reported that.

I have the same problem.

The signar Gps in dron don't is lost.

The camera is visible in móvil

I have do calibration, of dron and of RC

The RC is vinculate with dron phantom

Sorry for my english

Just to be clear. The indication is that the GPS signal is lost? This and not that it's switching to ATTI mode from GPS-ATTI mode? Also, I'm assuming you don't get compass error indication or you would have reported that.
That's correct sir. Here is one of the other threads on the issue. I began seeing more and more reports of it around mid January.
"Safe to fly - Non GPS"

Can someone tell me how to determine what firmware and software version I am flying. I have looked thru the DJI go software and no joy. Also, I was flying East and go to 1400' distance and lost signal, but 14 minutes later, the bird came home with 12% battery remaining and, after looking at the video, it had completed about half of the 5 mile journey. When I sent it North, I went 1900' before I lost the signal. I have the stock antennas and no modifications. Note: I am in florida and there are no hills.

Thanks Jack. It worked.
New question using the litchi software version 1.3.1, firmware on aircraft 1.6.4
I was successful at using the orbit function in a wacky way. I had to fly in waypoint mode and enter at least 2 waypoints
after start i switched from F to P
then ORBIT mode, create the orbit, then switch to F

This is because there is no start button in Orbit mode

Is there a better way?

Assuming I have 30 waypoints, and my battery needs to be replaced at waypoint 15. Can I restart at waypoint 16.

I know I can create a new mission from 16 to 30 but the numbering is important since it corresponds another's map.

Assuming I have 30 waypoints, and my battery needs to be replaced at waypoint 15. Can I restart at waypoint 16.

I know I can create a new mission from 16 to 30 but the numbering is important since it corresponds another's map.

I have no experience with Litchi, which is only for Android, I use Autopilot which is just for ios. In Autopilot they have a program mission called "Orbit", I can't see Litchi not having something similar, I know you shouldn't have to do a bunch of waypoints in a circle to achieve your goal. Go to the P3 forums and do a search for Litchi, I'm sure you'll find something/someone to help you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl