Safe time to buy Phantom 4 Pro V2?

Reaction score
Quick story, I had the original P4P+ since its initial release date. I use it for work, never any issues whatsoever. I’m getting a camera sensor error that I cannot overcome. Before I decide on repairing it, I need a replacement ASAP. I know there’s an announcement this week however my guess is that it’s for the new Mavics.
I know this subject is all speculation but many of you are very knowledgeable when it comes to new releases. Is it safe to say that the Phantom 5 WILL NOT be coming out any time soon?

Announcement should be the fore discussed Mavic 2 Pro, and odds are 1 of them will have either the same sensor or improved version of the 20MP 1" in the P4Pro. Cost is still anyone's guess. There will be the usual rush of first ordered, probably a huge number as this IMO is a significant improvement. The size and pack ability alone make it most attractive to me. But it's anyone's guess as to how stable firmware will be at first ship.

The Vr 2.0 is IMO still not as solid as the P4Pro.

Google yaw issues on hover or just yaw issues P4 Vr 2.0.

Since release the Vr 2.0 has been noted to have issues, both in flying straight, and yawing during hover and or continuing to yaw around after a pan involving yawing the aircraft. DJI, either is clueless to this or is just waiting until enough complaints make it up the chain. Both issues on my Vr 2.0 can be pretty easily controller with slight stick pressure to counter act the yaw, but it's an issue for sure.

There has been 1 firmware updated (you can't go back once updated), which was to fix what appeared to be incorrect compass issues and possibly the yaw problem. My Vr 2.0 never gave the compass errors, and since many pilots have complained that the yawing issue is still there after updating, I have stayed at base firmware since besides the yaw issues my P4P Vr 2.0 flies OK.

I also have a problem where on take off, the drone will sometimes move to the left about 2 feet then hover. Not a big problem unless take off is in a tight spot. But so far no issues from this. Landing it seems fine and stays in place albeit slightly yawing around.

Paul C

Edited: the announcement was impressive, pricing of the new bird seems cheaper than the v2.0. Portability also speaks for the new Mavic if its in stock.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen