running out of ideas

I know the Phantom can do amazing things. I watch a lot of YouTube GoPro stuff with the Phantom. I just want mine to fly. I have a PC guru coming by later today to go over it again. I had hoped to have sky shots of vehicles for my own YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/RideswithChuck . The season here is almost over. Maybe next year.

Make sure you have downloaded the requisite driver for the Phantom and run the install program on that. THEN you can go into the DJI NAZAM Assistant software and do some poking around with confidence your settings and any desired changes will be written to the on-board hardware.

If you haven't done that it could be an explanation as to why you are currently flightless. :(

PF

I have upgraded every thing. More than once and I believe that is part of the problem, You start poking around and end up making trouble for yourself. My motors all work. I have selected D-Bus on the transmitter. All systems are go but no flight.
Many years ago I had to send a computer back because I never could get it to run properly. Service people came out to the house several times to replace the harddrive all for naught. I finally sent it back to the manufacturer. It turned out there was a nick in one of the SCCI wires. I am about to send this back to DJI Phantom.

Sorry, man. I feel your pain. :( Just know that the vast majority of Phantoms fly perfectly right out of the box. Get a replacement! The chances of a second unit with a problem are about nil.

PF

I am going back to basics. I am trying to calibrate my transmitter. On page 7 of the advanced manual I'm told that I will get a "Di-DI Di" from the transmitter when I power it on and I do. BUT when I try to do the next step I get no sounds from my transmitter. This manual was written when the throttle didn't spring back to center. Is there an update on this transmitter calibration somewhere?

Nope. The procedure is exactly the same. I have the same Tx and followed the procedure and it worked.

PF

I made a number of mistakes setting this thing up. Between yesterday and today I corrected them all. Today I felt lucky to have my first crash with my Phantom. Blade guards saved the day!

So...you got it in the air! Good going!

PF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20