RTH question

Reaction score
This might have been answered before, I searched but didn't see any threads. When RTH is activated and returning to the Home Point can you turn the drone 360. Mine just faces one way and won't let me turn to a different view. My Phantom 3 Pro lets me. Thanks in advance.

Did you have obstacle avoidance enabled? If so, that would explain why you could not yaw.

When are you seeing that message?

I'll be having a normal flight, and then when I hit the RTH button on the controller, the app says that obstacle avoidance is disabled during return (no big deal, because I set my height to 90ft, but can't yaw (couldn't remember that word, lol)

Are you sure you have the "Visual Navigation Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "RTH Obstacle Check" setting enabled in DJI GO?

The "Visual Navigation Settings" --> "Advanced Settings" --> "RTH Obstacle Check was Disabled.

Was the "Visual Navigation Settings" --> "Enable Obstacle Avoidance" setting also disabled?

Here are my findings when manually activating RTH with the "Visual Navigation Settings" --> "Enable Obstacle Avoidance" setting disabled:
  • The Phantom yawed and pointed toward the home point
  • It started flying toward the home point
  • I was unable to yaw for the first few seconds (just like in your video above)
  • I was able to yaw after a few seconds
Give it another shot after verifying your obstacle avoidance settings in DJI GO.

Thanks....next time I take it out, I'll let you know how it goes with the settings. Weather isn't cooperating. Ohio weather is crazy! lol

That's correct.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl