RTH on WiFi Signal Loss

I don’t know, it seems to me that every command that goes through the gimbal is 2.4, because that’s where the board is that the antennas attach to. The antennas on the AC (main body) are 5.8, so just looking at where the antennas are located, it seems to indicate what controls can be made on which frequency. Ie. the RTH command must, if initiated by the device, go to the RC, which then sends the command out, not on 2.4 as received, but 5.8.
I may be wrong, but it seems like a lot of extra work to make 2 circuits for RTH, since the 5.8 is usually the strongest link.

so what you are saying is that if you lose the 2.4 GHZ link between the RC and AC then even if you activate the RTH from the GO app it should still send the command via the 5.8GHZ ?

I don’t know, it seems to me that every command that goes through the gimbal is 2.4, because that’s where the board is that the antennas attach to. The antennas on the AC (main body) are 5.8, so just looking at where the antennas are located, it seems to indicate what controls can be made on which frequency. Ie. the RTH command must, if initiated by the device, go to the RC, which then sends the command out, not on 2.4 as received, but 5.8.
I may be wrong, but it seems like a lot of extra work to make 2 circuits for RTH, since the 5.8 is usually the strongest link.

Not 2 circuits, but maybe RTH travels on 2.4 when triggered from the app, and on 5.8 when triggered from the RC. From other posts I've read, it seems some people believe that RTH only travels on 5.8, as you suggest.

The same can be said about Camera Tilt (I assume this is what "Gimbal control" in the diagram is), as it's the only other command that can be given via app and directly from the RC. My guess about this one is that it only travels on 2.4, as everything camera-related is purely on 2.4 (being the WiFi module on the AC built into the gimbal).

so what you are saying is that if you lose the 2.4 GHZ link between the RC and AC then even if you activate the RTH from the GO app it should still send the command via the 5.8GHZ ?
No, I'm saying , and I haven't had this happen.. yet, but if you call for RTH on the app when there is no downlink, it probably won't work, unless at some point, you re-connect.

I think the app can tell the controller what to do, but it sends the info to the phantom in 5.8. the same as it does with auto-takeoff and landing. im sure those are done in 5.8.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94