Litchi App & RTH Failsafe

Reaction score
Following a recommendation I am considering buying the litchi app, installing it on my Samsung Galaxy S7, and flying my modified Phantom 3 Standard in VR FPV. My main concern is this. My flying environment is typically quite less than ideal for signal continuity. Environment is plagued by consistently very high humidity and strong electromagnetic presence comprised of cellphone towers, many modems, and routers, etc. I regularly fly at distance greater than 1 mile and rely heavily upon smart rth failsafe during control signal loss. It has never let me down. Upon recommendation of litchi I immediately fell in love with the Idea of flying my P3S in VR FPV as I do with other non DJI drones of mine that have failsafe rth in their native apps. My concern is if I fly my beloved modified P3S using litchi VR FPV mode, I will not have failsafe signal loss smart RTH protocol. This is a dealbreaker for Litchi if that's the case. Someone please tell me it's not true! Any input is appreciated. Litchi VR pilots Please advise me!

Last edited:
Following a recommendation I am considering buying the litchi app, installing it on my Samsung Galaxy S7, and flying my modified Phantom 3 Standard in VR FPV. My main concern is this. My flying environment is typically quite less than ideal for signal continuity. Environment is plagued by consistently very high humidity and strong electromagnetic presence comprised of cellphone towers, many modems, and routers, etc. I regularly fly at distance greater than 1 mile and rely heavily upon smart rth failsafe during control signal loss. It has never let me down. Upon recommendation of litchi I immediately fell in love with the Idea of flying my P3S in VR FPV as I do with other non DJI drones of mine that have failsafe rth in their native apps. My concern is if I fly my beloved modified P3S using litchi VR FPV mode, I will not have failsafe signal loss smart RTH protocol. This is a dealbreaker for Litchi if that's the case. Someone please tell me it's not true! Any input is appreciated. Litchi VR pilots Please advise me!
I would encourage you to make your own enqy with the litchi developers. There was an early issue with RTH not initiating while using certain flight modes with the P3S. Search here first perhaps to see if the issue was corrected.

Is this what you mean,this litchi with p3s,it's got a smart rth
Screenshot_20180706-194338.jpg
,,,,,should also add litchi a great flying app,good live info from recorded lady about all that's happening while in flight,height speed home point distance battery power,saves looking at screen to see what's what,,there's a free pdf download for the litchi manual,,have a read

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this what you mean,this litchi with p3s,it's got a smart rthView attachment 100890,,,,,should also add litchi a great flying app,good live info from recorded lady about all that's happening while in flight,height speed home point distance battery power,saves looking at screen to see what's what,,there's a free pdf download for the litchi manual,,have a read
Thank you very very much for your input. Have you ever, when flying P3S in VR FPV lost signal? Did return to home initiate automaticly? Have you ever experienced any problems and or glitches with litchi failsafe modes? Sorry to ask nearly redundant questions. I am researching the litchi app for purchase. I am reading the litchi manual following your tip. Just looking for some experience based rth failsafe reviews. Please inform, I sincerely appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

Sorry bit of a lemon answer here,I have not used p3s in vr mode,only p4,I just knew that the options are there,no I have never had any issue with litchi app or settings,because I not used on p3s it hard to comment on it,you might have to give that your own controlled test in good open area,sorry I can't give you a solid reply on this but do think it will work just fine

184533DE-AC75-446D-BD0A-5D7CABC42421.png
Do you have some reservation about making an enqy with the litchi developer? There were monumental issues with the DJI SDK and litchi the best part of two years ago as depicted in the following grab from the litchi help page.

They will tell you if there is a current problem.

Screenshot_20180707-085750.jpg
here's a newer one I find,someone's been updating, might have been added

View attachment 100917here's a newer one I find,someone's been updating, might have been added
Might have been.... Easy way to find out. This issue wasn’t about Litchi fixing anything. The problem was in the DJI SDK. From observations of DJI conduct it may well be they never bothered fixing the issue as they had newer models to support with money to be made.

On facebook it has a message to them area,it say they respond in 12 hours if not in a hurry,,,send a message if no luck with the email above
Screenshot_20180707-102505.jpg
Screenshot_20180707-102440.jpg
i

Here's another
20180707_110118.jpg
,,Also got to add it don't matter which app is used at the time of rth , it's in the drone and remote,the app just alerts to this issue

Here's anotherView attachment 100928,,Also got to add it don't matter which app is used at the time of rth , it's in the drone and remote,the app just alerts to this issue
Unfortunately this isn’t true. Both litchi and autopilot (and perhaps other third party apps that use the DJI SDK) have had issues where RTH did not initiate on signal loss in particular flight modes. Rather than initiating RTH the AC just hovered untill autoland on critical battery.

Well I just posting what I learn on this forum chicken man,your big words and flash talk,I learned the hard way,heaps of info in my head but can never word the stuff , you can fly without app and lose signal rth is initiated

I really appreciate the input from everyone who responded to this thread. I am a litchi newb and I am trying to learn from others so I can educate myself about these things I don't know. Thank you all very much for your input. I really appreciate it. I just bought litchi this evening. Installed it and I plan to try out this new somewhat esoteric software tomorrow morning. If anyone has any information that may help me I really appreciate it as this litchi software is still somewhat enigmatic to me. Thanks in advance.

I really appreciate the input from everyone who responded to this thread. I am a litchi newb and I am trying to learn from others so I can educate myself about these things I don't know. Thank you all very much for your input. I really appreciate it. I just bought litchi this evening. Installed it and I plan to try out this new somewhat esoteric software tomorrow morning. If anyone has any information that may help me I really appreciate it as this litchi software is still somewhat enigmatic to me. Thanks in advance.
It's very easy , just like dji, go through check all the settings you be sweet,enjoy;)

Well I just posting what I learn on this forum chicken man,your big words and flash talk,I learned the hard way,heaps of info in my head but can never word the stuff , you can fly without app and lose signal rth is initiated
Yes, You can fly without the app and RTH will initiate following signal loss if you have set it to do so. The OP is asking specifically about litchi. The RTH performance issue was very real and perhaps still is to the extent DJI didn’t fix the SDK issue.

Last edited:
Public apologies to all,especially @With The Birds ,classic example of being online while having domestics don't mix well, called this clever chap a :::::::::as written above,my crazy kiwi anger was as work behind the scenes,,I have a lot to learn,,he know what he talk about
Sorry

Public apologies to all,especially @With The Birds ,classic example of being online while having domestics don't mix well, called this clever chap a :::::::::as written above,my crazy kiwi anger was as work behind the scenes,,I have a lot to learn,,he know what he talk about
Sorry
No need to worry about me- I’m cool. My only intent is to try and see people get the right info. I don’t take any of this personally. Fact is quite a few people have come badly unstuck at times when when newly released DJI SDK’s broke various features in third party apps. Failute for RTH to initiate being a major and obvious issue.

Had to add this,was very rookie moment
Screenshot_20180707-222447.jpg
,,it was before I learn there was a litchi manual,never done auto take off so unaware what it did,

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl