RTH Not landing where its supposed to land

Reaction score
Hi
Im new here, i recently got a P3S and when i went to my friend's house i, as usual, set the RTH Position, i flew for like 15mins,When i started RTH ,but it slowly started to get away from me,i was looking to where the drone is going and i saw it was going to my house.
Any suggestions?
-Total satelites: 15

Hi
Im new here, i recently got a P3S and when i went to my friend's house i, as usual, set the RTH Position, i flew for like 15mins,When i started RTH ,but it slowly started to get away from me,i was looking to where the drone is going and i saw it was going to my house.
Your description doesn't give anything to go on.
As always the answer will be in the recorded flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Hi

Sounds to me like you did not get a firm lock on the New Home Point, when you launched did you hear Miss DJI say " The home point has been updated..! Please check it on the map ".
If you did not hear that then yes you were flying back to your earlier home point destination....:(
Waylander

Sounds to me like you did not get a firm lock on the New Home Point, when you launched did you hear Miss DJI say " The home point has been updated..! Please check it on the map ".
If you did not hear that then yes you were flying back to your earlier home point destination
You would have to launch very quickly to launch before the homepoint is recorded.
But even if you did, the Phantom would record a homepoint quite quickly for a place very close to the launch spot, as soon as it gets a GPS fix.
As well as that, the Phantom does not store any old homepoints.
Until the homepoint is recorded, it has no home point.
All this will be obvious when/if the OP comes back with the flight data.

Reactions: mmp3
Here is my question.

"set the RTH Position"
What did this mean?

How close is your house from your friends, I'm thinking maybe you flew or carried your phantom powered on to your friends house?

Please update us, if you don't you maybe sorry. ;)

Rod

Reactions: Imf44 and RW8888
Here is my question.

"set the RTH Position"
What did this mean?

How close is your house from your friends, I'm thinking maybe you flew or carried your phantom powered on to your friends house?

Please update us, if you don't you maybe sorry. ;)

Rod
I meant to...uh..*brain.exe has stopped working*
,i meant to put the....uh
I DONT SPEAK ENGLISH OK?
I set the return point to were the drone will come back when returning to home

Reactions: RodPad
Hi

If you did not hear that then yes you were flying back to your earlier home point destination....:(
Waylander
Yea that may be the cause, i dont really remember her saying that, but the "✔ home point set" or somethin like that was there

Yea that may be the cause, i dont really remember her saying that, but the "✔ home point set" or somethin like that was there
No ... that wasn't the cause (see post #4)
If you do what was suggested in post #2 we'll probably find out what really happened.

I meant to...uh..*brain.exe has stopped working*
,i meant to put the....uh
I DONT SPEAK ENGLISH OK?
I set the return point to were the drone will come back when returning to home

"I DONT SPEAK ENGLISH OK?"
Yes, that's OK, many people do speak English, I or we still can't figure what they are trying to say. ;)

The terminology for these Phantoms are really critical. ;)
"I set the return point to were the drone will come back when returning to home"
This sentence would still raise questions for me and will in the future.

Ok, The first question has been answered. :)

More correctly,
"I set the home point to where the drone will come back when returning to home"

Then I would have asked. ;)

Why did you change the home point?
Did you fly or carry your phantom powered on to your friends house?

If you want your answer @Meta4 suggestion should have the data for a correct answer.
You just need to find your flight log on your mobile device and upload it to: DJI Flight Log Viewer and share the results.

Most of like to help to find the correct information, share answers, knowledge, and we all learn. ;)

Most important!
Keep the F/C ratio on the Fside!

Flight v.s. Crash ;):eek::rolleyes::)

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.