RTH button problem

Reaction score
Hi,
I just took my P2P out of hibernation after 2 years and was trying ti get up to speed again. After a couple of flights I tried the RTH button. It worked but felt a bit odd when I pushed it.
After landing I noticed the grey ring around the button depresses away from the case along with the button when pressed. My concern is that at some point it might give way and fall into the case.
Does anyone know how this is attached to the case and how one actually opens the case up to repair it?

Reactions: Jack54
What about if you glue the grey ring.?
I can understand your concerns. Who wants to loose a drone.

Does anyone know how this is attached to the case and how one actually opens the case up to repair it?
This video shows how to open the P3P remote controller:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi,
I just took my P2P out of hibernation after 2 years and was trying ti get up to speed again. After a couple of flights I tried the RTH button. It worked but felt a bit odd when I pushed it.
After landing I noticed the grey ring around the button depresses away from the case along with the button when pressed. My concern is that at some point it might give way and fall into the case.
I’ll assume that you are talking about the same P3P you posted about yesterday.

It has not been uncommon for parts to break off inside the RC's. It's sad how many times we've seen it reported. Often it has been the screws on the sticks or on the RTH button which break off and then the sticks themselves or the RTH button become loose or even fall off inside of the RC. People sometimes say they can hear broken plastic parts and screws rattling around inside their RCs.

My expectation is that this is also what is happening to you. Look through these threads for more info along with pix on how to open the RC and what others have done to repair the broken parts.

Reactions: JoBe
Thank you all for the help. I think I will try to carefully apply superglue to the outside of the grey ring at first. Hopefully that will work.

Assuming you are talking about a P3P the photos are of the RTH button from a GL300B, probably the same thing in the A & C versions. You might be able to get to it without entirely removing the mainboard but I would suggest it is safer TO REMOVE the main board as depicted in my photos.

If you open the controller I would suggest you first open the 3 flip clips that lock the ribbon cables to the USB board then detached the two ribbon cables leaving the sides of the USB board (to C1 & C2 switches). Then remove the 3 screws holding the USB board down and then detach the main ribbon cable from the board when the board is loose. Assembly is the reverse. I found it easier to disconnect/reconnect the main ribbon cable with the USB board loose.
You might notice split or banjaxed screw hole standoffs in these photos, I think they are evidence of the relevant screws being previously over tightened (not by me). In fact I scrapped that shell because of the banjaxed stand offs.

Attachments

• RTH button.jpg
    RTH button.jpg
    673.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at those pictures PF it's possible that the RTH button assembly has simply become lose as the silver ring seems to be an integral part of the mounting plate.

IMG_6468.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.