RTH altitude vs battery power

Reaction score
Flying now 2-3 months. Site fishing is the goal so I'm testing limits in an open field. I'm trying to learn all these little nuances so I'm not caught off guard.
I have RTH altitude set at 50 meters and get the 30% battery warning. I hit RTH, it goes to 50 meters, RTH like it should. I take off again, battery 20%. At 10% it automagically RTH but at a reduced altitude, is this right? Makes sense, don't want it to fly high and run outta juice. In the manual it says if low battery warning triggers Failsafe/RTH, 20 meters is the altitude. Is this correct?

Flying now 2-3 months. Site fishing is the goal so I'm testing limits in an open field. I'm trying to learn all these little nuances so I'm not caught off guard.
I have RTH altitude set at 50 meters and get the 30% battery warning. I hit RTH, it goes to 50 meters, RTH like it should. I take off again, battery 20%. At 10% it automagically RTH but at a reduced altitude, is this right? Makes sense, don't want it to fly high and run outta juice. In the manual it says if low battery warning triggers Failsafe/RTH, 20 meters is the altitude. Is this correct?

You shouldn't be taking off again at 20%, you should be landing at 20-30%.

Gotcha, I'm only flying 4-5 feet when I do it. At 10% it does fly toward home but only rose 10-15 feet. then landed about 4%. I send it out in a halfway controlled environment (empty field) and shut off the controller to see what it does. So far its returned everytime. I want to know what its going to do, not just what its suppose to do

At 10% the Se will go into critical low battery this is hard set you can not adjust it lower and it will auto land, it will not return to home it lands where ever it is You have some control to move it if it’s landing in a dodgy spot. You run a high risk of early battery degradation if you run it this low

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Also keep in mind that pushing your batteries to less than 8% is significantly risking doing irreparable harm to the LiPo. They don't like over charging or over discharging.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav