RPG Facing the wrong Way!

Reaction score
Hello All
I'm a new member with possibly an old problem that I was wondering if anyone had a solution or clues to?
After a minor tumble on landing, the Rotor Pixel gimble is refusing to orientate so that the camera faces forward. Instead it rotates the camera upwards and backwards to point the lens at the gimble attachment point.
If I manually align the unit whilst running, once I reach the horizontal point it rotates down and points the camera to rear again!
I've tried removing cables and pressing the reset button as advised on the RPG site but no joy. I see there's a usb port on the gimble. Is it possible to reinstall firmware here and if so where could I find it as there's nothing on their site to indicate it's available. Camera and wifi all working fine.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with a fix, before I superglue the camera in place!

Cheers

Sounds like your ribbon cable could be loose on one of the connections. You need to check those connections as well.

Hey There and many thanks for your post. I've disconnected and re-connected every cable and connection I can see and made sure the orientations are correct and the connections firm and still the camera wants to rotate up or down and point to the rear.

hello
Could be a couple things?
Is the gimbal setup ( built correctly? )
Does it look EXACTLY like this?
image.jpeg

If yes,
Then possibly the small Pcb board ( mounted on camera mount )
The wire that connects to 3D printed cam mount, you might have to FLIP that little circuit board over? If it is upside down, it thinks up is down, and down is up?

Does it pitch ok with dial wheel or pitch control? If you pitch up does can move up, or is it opposite?

Let us know?

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey and thanks so much for your reply and pic. After seeing your photo, I manually rotated the camera whilst the power was off 180 degrees horizontally. Then when I powered her up the gimbal started to behave as it should and was quite happy to point forward once more! The roll over must have caused the 180 change in orientation. However the camera won't sit horizontally, preferring to be cocked at about 25 degrees. If I move the machine around the gimbal levels for a while then slowly but surely assumes the "cocked" position. The cameras pitch control is a small lever on the rear of the controller and this does indeed operate the opposite way to what you'd expect. But at least my photos are not reversed anymore! Not sure what can be done to level the gimbal tho. I tried the reset button on the gimbal controller but no joy.
Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic