Camera and Sensor Calibration on DJI Assistant 2

Reaction score
Received a refurbished P4 (different serial # from original P4) 2 months ago after what should have been a simple landing gear replacement. This refurb had software errors which included a No Signal message on RC and was not able to install Firmware. After receiving a second refurb I noticed the horizon not level problem reported by many but which was a first for me.

I know how to adjust horizon while flying (hold C2 and adjust right wheel). However, this adjustment does not hold as you pan. Last night I used the DJI Assistant 2 to Calibrate the camera. Won't know if the camera calibration worked or not until I fly it later today.

After calibrating camera, you are given the option to calibrate bottom sensors. In order to do this, you are direct to point the P4 bottom towards the computer screen and align the boxes. In order for this to happen the camera is supposed to be in the down position. However, when pointing bottom of camera at screen, the camera faces upwards. I even tried connecting the RC and used the control wheel to point camera down so it would face screen but it points up whenever the P4 bottom is positioned to face monitor.

Has anyone had this problem and been successful?

Marty

This is only for obstacle avoidance cameras calibration, not for camera on gimbal....
After IMU calibration, dont move bird and calibrate camera
This should help your tilted camera ;)

Please explain how to calibrate camera without moving after IMU calibration?
Thanks,
Marty

Please explain how to calibrate camera without moving after IMU calibration?
Thanks,
Marty
After IMU, you should turn bird off and then on.
After this go to gimbal icon on screen and hit "gimbal calibration"...
That's all magic :D
But don't move bird while turnung off/on!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers