Rotorpixle update 2

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just got another email from Rotorpixel. Sounds like they shipping by early Feb. Pretty impressive features with this gimbal too:
Their gimbal with do 180 degrees of rotation (straight up to straight down)
Roll will be able to do 90 degrees in either direction (that's far more than needed for the phantom)
They have found a way to tap into the power from the camera cable so it'll be plug and play like the DronExpert model.
Testing so far shows no lost of video link from the camera bracket.
If the price holds as per initial estimations then I'll be getting one of these for sure!

That's good news - for a lot of Vision owners "plug and play" is going to be an important factor. I assume they will have manual tilt via the app, too. If the dronexpert early adopters can let us know how that gimbal has tapped into the 7th channel for tilt via the tx then for those that don't mind a bit of modding it should hopefully be possible to rig something up with the rotorpixel.

I'm very tempted by a gimbal, but I just haven't got the funds to spend on the (very nicely put together) dronexpert. Perhaps the currently favourable exchange rate to the $ will make this one tempting enough that I can't resist... Be good to see some aerial footage with this one, now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl