Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Lew40 said:
I've had my RP for over a month now and done everything I can to stabilize it to get the best possible video. Up till today It's been perfect. No jello or anything.
Took her up for a quick flight this morning and the video's bad, full of jello. The only changes I've done is add a couple of tubes on the legs to raise her up about 20mm off the ground. Would these make that much of a difference to the video quality?

Cheers
Just make sure the wires are not causing the problem. I have the antenna mods on mine and at one time when I had the wires coming out the front camera vent they could hit the ground and make the RPG to nuts. After moving these wires out through holes made in the upper back of the camera this problem ended. The holes were from the "down mod" for the camera a time ago.

ciguli said:
I have been trying to place an order for the past few days and my credit card gets declined each time. Sent an email via the webform; no response. Does anyone know how I can reach Keri? Maybe he checks here sometimes?

Thanks

Still no response. Anyone can help?

Two obvious questions: Is there still credit on the card? And are you sure the card is taken in that country?
He does need to read Emails more often. No help there.

Happyflyer said:
Two obvious questions: Is there still credit on the card? And are you sure the card is taken in that country?

Yep, it's is a US Amex card with enough credit. Have been using it a lot on many places and sites. Seems like there is a problem on his site...

ciguli said:
Happyflyer said:

Yep, it's is a US Amex card with enough credit. Have been using it a lot on many places and sites. Seems like there is a problem on his site...
Might just be it. I found out having been an AX Platinum card member for many years there are places that take everything else and not AX. AX per centage is just too much for many places.

Ive just been on to check my tracking and got this...

2015/01/12 13:28 CM 20,United Kingdom Item successfully delivered

Nothing was delivered to me! :shock: :eek:

Cyclone said:
Ive just been on to check my tracking and got this...

2015/01/12 13:28 CM 20,United Kingdom Item successfully delivered

Nothing was delivered to me! :shock: :eek:

If I remember correctly you need to enter your tracking no on either Parcel Force or Royal Mail's website.
If your lucky you wont get a note in your post box saying you need to pay the import tax before they'll deliver, I hope your one of the lucky ones :)

Andy

Lew40 said:
If I remember correctly you need to enter your tracking no on either Parcel Force or Royal Mail's website.
If your lucky you wont get a note in your post box saying you need to pay the import tax before they'll deliver, I hope your one of the lucky ones :)

Andy

Thanks for that, I can relax now. It wouldnt be the first time Ive had a parcel from abroad go missing.

I checked Parcel Force and they have it. Going to ring them when they open and make sure I get it :)

Thank again :)

:D :D

I have my gimbal. The card was put through my door and I collected it 20 mins later. Only taken 8 days to get here.

Thanks Keri if you're reading this.

What, more?? :)

I'll assemble it tomorrow and hopefully take it out this week. Friday looks good for flying (so the weather man says).

Cyclone said:
:D :D

I have my gimbal. The card was put through my door and I collected it 20 mins later. Only taken 8 days to get here.

Thanks Keri if you're reading this.
Great! You will love the RPG.
Lucky you on shipping in your direction. A different order of mine from NL to the USA is still stuck in Europe, 25 days now!!!

Balancing this gimbal with a lens kit on is a nightmare :x

Sooooo much patience is needed :)

Just had a run out with the Vision and RP gimbal. This thing is good.

Im so used to the image on the phone moving all over the place but now its like a picture, soo still :)

There's a bit of jello in the video so I need to adjust the screws slightly.

I will have a look through this thread for tips/help from others.

Roll on the warmer weather when I can get out for more than 10 minutes. Boy its cold out there!!

Once again thanks Keri, your gimbal is awesome!

I've had my RP for a while now. Didn't really have any problems with jello until about a week ago :-(
When I was tightening the screws going through the dampers I added a little PTFE tape to hold them in place. Worked a treat, not loosened at all.
I've done nothing to the gimbal at all but I'm getting really bad jello when going full throttle on GPS and in ATTI (very bad in ATTI)

One other thing. What do you lot do with all the cables to the gimbal and camera? Do you just leave them loose and dangling everywhere underneath? Its a mess underneath mine with the cables as they are. Did try to cable tie a few of the cables but the camera kept jumping.

Cheers
Andy

Lew40 said:
One other thing. What do you lot do with all the cables to the gimbal and camera? Do you just leave them loose and dangling everywhere underneath? Its a mess underneath mine with the cables as they are. Did try to cable tie a few of the cables but the camera kept jumping.

Cheers
Andy
That little bugger is very senitive to anything around it. The FPV antenna upgrade cables coming from the inside of the camera had to be moved to keep it from jumping.
If you "lock down" the cables you will have a jump problem. It took several moves and adjustments before I found where mine needed to be to keep it stable. You may just have to live with the cables "all over the place" to make it work. But it DOES work.

Happyflyer said:
Lew40 said:

Cheers
Andy
That little bugger is very senitive to anything around it. The FPV antenna upgrade cables coming from the inside of the camera had to be moved to keep it from jumping.
If you "lock down" the cables you will have a jump problem. It took several moves and adjustments before I found where mine needed to be to keep it stable. You may just have to live with the cables "all over the place" to make it work. But it DOES work.

Cheers Happyflyer.
I currently have my FC200 in around 30 pieces trying to get the cable coming through one of the years to see if it helps. There's nothing worse than having the camera jumping everywhere.

Andy

I did the "camera all the way down" mod some time ago. That made holes in the top back of the camera. That is where I ran my thin wires out of the camera and it works well. You can see them below.

Attachments

• Camera wires.JPG
    Camera wires.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 381

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT