Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Hi all,
This topic is pretty long in the tooth so I hope I'm not duplicating a previous question, but here goes...

Can the yaw wobble be corrected by adjusting the basic yaw gain in the assistant software? If so, what basic gain numbers are you guys using to get the best results?

Thanks.

Byron.

Hi all.
I've had my RotorPixel a couple of weeks now and been trying to get it as steady as possible.
The YouTube link below is footage I took yesterday of where I live and its the best I've had so far. Is it possible to get it any better?

Oh, I did have an ND filter on if that makes any difference.

http://youtu.be/HGT_zhdu1kw

Cheers
Andy

Lew40 said:
Hi all.
I've had my RotorPixel a couple of weeks now and been trying to get it as steady as possible.
The YouTube link below is footage I took yesterday of where I live and its the best I've had so far. Is it possible to get it any better?

Cheers
Andy
Andy, looks beautiful. I am planning to get one for my vision. My concern is the weight. Could you tell me what is your taking off weight? Is it greater than maximum allowed weight of 1350 grams?

Thanks in advance!

Yali

yali said:
Lew40 said:
Hi all.

Cheers
Andy
Andy, looks beautiful. I am planning to get one for my vision. My concern is the weight. Could you tell me what is your taking off weight? Is it greater than maximum allowed weight of 1350 grams?

Thanks in advance!

Yali

Hi Yali,
Never thought of checking the weight before.
Just done it now and its coming in at 1460g That's with a 6000mah battery.
Even though I'm over by 110g but still flies ok and get between 15 and 18 mins flight.

Hope that helps

Andy

Lew40 said:
yali said:
Lew40 said:
Hi all.

Cheers
Andy

Thanks in advance!

Yali

Hi Yali,
Never thought of checking the weight before.
Just done it now and its coming in at 1460g That's with a 6000mah battery.
Even though I'm over by 110g but still flies ok and get between 15 and 18 mins flight.

Hope that helps

Andy

Andy, Thanks for your info. 1460g is way too much I think and it will affect performance greatly for example, and it will not be able to hold its height when battery is close to warning level. My vision is only 1160 gram and this gimbal is more than 300 grams(considering that you have taken away the original 1-axle gimbal), that is really too heavy and I can't accept it.

Any word from Keri on a third axis upgrade?... I noticed you can buy the shorter arms and mounts for the original Rotorpixel, as well as the smaller profile motors.

Will all of these current upgrades go out the window with a "third axis" being implemented?
I would like to do the current upgrades, so my RP doesnt hit the ground, but i dont want to have to completly rebuild it again, based on the third axis upgrade when it beomes available.

Thanks,

The Rookie

I took my phanton with me for a ski trip and have been having problems ever since. I think something may have been damaged in travel, even though it was in a go professional case.
My issue seems to be with my Rotorpixel gimbal and it's settings.
When I flew the Phantom the camera went beyond 180 degrees and was basically upside down. In the field I pressed the small black button on the back of the gimbal and later realized that this most likely reset the board for the rotorpixel.
Now when I turn on the Phantom the gimbal shakes and doesn't want to hold position. I have tried AAC reset by pressing the black button quickly after disconnecting the power cords from gimbal and reconnecting then doing a power cycle, but that does not seem to help.

Are there step by step instructions on how to setup and use the Simple BCG software? I have tried to get this working, but it is not picking up my port. I also want to make sure that I can use the usb cable that I use for the DJI assistant software with the BCG software.

Sorry for all the questions, I have had no issues in over a year, but now have a bunch. Just trying to get this gimbal back to working. It is the first Rotorpixel gimbal if that helps.

I am in Southern California and if need be would take this to a shop for repairs if I can't fix. Any recommendations are appreciated.
thanks
John

socaljohn said:
I took my phanton with me for a ski trip and have been having problems ever since. I think something may have been damaged in travel, even though it was in a go professional case.
My issue seems to be with my Rotorpixel gimbal and it's settings.
When I flew the Phantom the camera went beyond 180 degrees and was basically upside down. In the field I pressed the small black button on the back of the gimbal and later realized that this most likely reset the board for the rotorpixel.
Now when I turn on the Phantom the gimbal shakes and doesn't want to hold position. I have tried AAC reset by pressing the black button quickly after disconnecting the power cords from gimbal and reconnecting then doing a power cycle, but that does not seem to help.

Are there step by step instructions on how to setup and use the Simple BCG software? I have tried to get this working, but it is not picking up my port. I also want to make sure that I can use the usb cable that I use for the DJI assistant software with the BCG software.

Sorry for all the questions, I have had no issues in over a year, but now have a bunch. Just trying to get this gimbal back to working. It is the first Rotorpixel gimbal if that helps.

I am in Southern California and if need be would take this to a shop for repairs if I can't fix. Any recommendations are appreciated.
thanks
John

Not sure, but I believe the cable for the RP gimbal is a mini-USB while the P2V is a micro-USB.
also, TRY PRE-POSITIONING the gimbal horizontally neutral and level before doing a reset.
See the Rotorpixel website for resetting the board.

RCRookie said:
Any word from Keri on a third axis upgrade?... I noticed you can buy the shorter arms and mounts for the original Rotorpixel, as well as the smaller profile motors.

Will all of these current upgrades go out the window with a "third axis" being implemented?
I would like to do the current upgrades, so my RP doesnt hit the ground, but i dont want to have to completly rebuild it again, based on the third axis upgrade when it beomes available.

Thanks,

The Rookie

I emailed Keri twice regading the 3rd axis upgrade, no response. Is there any news?

And does the current gimbal come with the new low profile motor?

Just placed an order for an RP Gimbal. Im hoping to have it by the end of the month.

Paid a little bit more than I was expecting, then there's Mr Customs charge, but the improved pictures and importantly video will be worth it.

Cyclone said:
Just placed an order for an RP Gimbal. Im hoping to have it by the end of the month.

Paid a little bit more than I was expecting, then there's Mr Customs charge, but the improved pictures and importantly video will be worth it.

Hi Cyclone
This is what I had to pay.

In total it cost me £293.89. That's including shipping and the import tax/VAT.

Gimbal - £214.53 ($389)
Shipping - £27.57 ($50)
Import Tax - £51.79 :-(

I think Ive been stung by the exchange rate.

So far its cost me £284, for the gimbal and shipping. Have the £50 customs charge to come yet which puts the total around £340 approx in total :(

Lew40 said:
Cyclone said:

Hi Cyclone

Gimbal - £214.53 ($389)
Shipping - £27.57 ($50)
Ouch! You really get hit on that tax! But, you will enjoy the RP.

Happyflyer said:
Lew40 said:
Cyclone said:

Hi Cyclone

Gimbal - £214.53 ($389)
Shipping - £27.57 ($50)
Ouch! You really get hit on that tax! But, you will enjoy the RP.

I find myself sometimes irate that you guys have to pay that high of an import tax... At other times I'm irate that we in the US don't have to pay that high of an import tax. It's not at all an even playing field when China, etc. can ship product here at whim with nothing to even out the price of goods made in the US. This explains why we can't build much of anything in this country any longer and there are so many vacant factories. Our politicians, however, seem to be doing just fine in the income department... :roll: :roll: :roll:

-slinger

gunslinger said:
I find myself sometimes irate that you guys have to pay that high of an import tax... At other times I'm irate that we in the US don't have to pay that high of an import tax. It's not at all an even playing field when China, etc. can ship product here at whim with nothing to even out the price of goods made in the US. This explains why we can't build much of anything in this country any longer and there are so many vacant factories. Our politicians, however, seem to be doing just fine in the income department... :roll: :roll: :roll:

-slinger
So very true. But, the blame goes directly to the American people. They keep putting these same politicians(crooks)into office again and again and again and......

Happyflyer said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger
So very true. But, the blame goes directly to the American people. They keep putting these same politicians(crooks)into office again and again and again and......

Happ... It's a matter of choice. We don't have many. I think the personality that lends itself to politics is what has given us our current crop of nincompoops. If I was a politician I'd be assassinated in my first term by some special interest group or other... :D :D :D

-slinger

Politics sucks...lets keep it out of what we do here.

I Just ordered the new V3 PLUS Transmitter with the gimbal control wheel. As well as the RE700 range extender.

Now if Keri would update us on the third axis development timeframes, I could also upgrade my gimbal to three axis and cleaner sleeker profile.

I think other than general maintenance, that's about as far as I go with this platform...We shall see.

I'm really interested in the Inspire 1 ...but my pocketbook isn't.

So please Keri,....let us know about the future plans for the Rotorpixel gimbal 3rd axis upgrade?

crash_1.gif

RCRookie said:
Politics sucks...lets keep it out of what we do here.

YES SIR!!!!!

gunslinger said:
Happyflyer said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

Happ... It's a matter of choice. We don't have many. I think the personality that lends itself to politics is what has given us our current crop of nincompoops. If I was a politician I'd be assassinated in my first term by some special interest group or other... :D :D :D

-slinger
Throw out the incumbents and put in some one new. When they screw up, same thing.

Attachments

• crying-with-laughter.gif
    crying-with-laughter.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 317

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl