Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

How long have you been waiting for yours to get delivered and why did you pick rotorpixel instead of different gimbals?

Hi everyone. I just registered as I'm trying to figure out which gimbal to buy for my Phantom 2 Vision.

I had a very fact reply from the rotorpixel team today. It seems they are almost caught up with their back log of orders. If you're playing an order right now, they aim to have it shipped within 2 weeks. Don't quote me on that, though.

Hard to go with another gimbal when rotorpixel will respond to a website form request in 20 minutes.

you are lucky to get a reply. I have sent them several e-mails asking for an update with no response. They aren't very good at this
customer service issue. I think what I have heard and read that their product is pretty good so I guess I will wait and see. I am waiting for my e-mail which I am surprised they haven't sent as yet that my Gimbal has been shipped. On the 25th, they were as I understand it starting on the 3400 batch and mine is number 3434 but so far no information.

I will post it when I get an e-mail from them.

Hi All,
Just received my gimbal #3388, came in 3 days before the tracking # said it would. Very easy to install, just follow the simple instructions provided. Silky smooth pitch control and very quiet too.1st flight will have to wait till Friday, It's raining for the next couple of days here in Massachusetts, USA. I Supervise a QA Lab for a medical device Co. and I must say that the quality is exceptional. You will not be disapointed to say the least. I'm even thinking about ordering another one, just for back up, it's that good....

Pinch1020 said:
Hi All,
Just received my gimbal #3388, came in 3 days before the tracking # said it would. Very easy to install, just follow the simple instructions provided. Silky smooth pitch control and very quiet too.1st flight will have to wait till Friday, It's raining for the next couple of days here in Massachusetts, USA. I Supervise a QA Lab for a medical device Co. and I must say that the quality is exceptional. You will not be disapointed to say the least. I'm even thinking about ordering another one, just for back up, it's that good....

Hey... I was born in New Bedford at good ol' St. Lukes. I used to live on Rockland Street in the SouthWest end of town... Where do you fly? Buttonwood? :D

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Pinch1020 said:
Hi All,

Hey... I was born in New Bedford at good ol' St. Lukes. I used to live on Rockland Street in the SouthWest end of town... Where do you fly? Buttonwood? :D

-slinger

LOL, I live in New Bedford, the far Southend up the street from Davey's locker..I lived on Rockland St from 1972-1977, then moved to Clara St..

We've finished assembling enough units to ship out ALL of the remaining backorder, but before they're boxed up, they still need to be properly tested (connected directly to a P2V to confirm stabilization, proper pitch control range, and range of motion test). This should all be finished by tonight/tomorrow, so shipping notifications will start rolling out today/tomorrow.

We've made more than enough gimbals, so orders that ship out today will be shipped out with this current batch as well. Moving forward, there should be no wait time for new orders to ship out (unless we receive another avalanche of orders :shock: ).

Keri

WD40 said:
Greetings. I'm new here and I'm interested in what's up with this gimbal, are you satisfied with the gimbal. After all how much you can give me the link. Do you still must wait so long? thanks
Bump ;)

BINGO!!! I might get my gimbal within the next week or so??? :D :D :D :D

Pinch1020 said:
gunslinger said:
Pinch1020 said:
Hi All,

-slinger

LOL, I live in New Bedford, the far Southend up the street from Davey's locker..I lived on Rockland St from 1972-1977, then moved to Clara St..

Davey's Locker... You're making me drool. I love that place. We lived on the corner of Rockland and Lombard, about a block away from Dartmouth St. I used to go to Dartmouth St. school before they turned it into Perry's Funeral Home... :)

jjwalkers said:
Unless something goes wrong slinger. There I go again with those negative thoughts.

Hey now! Let's stay positive. We got an update, which is a major plus. Also, that means mine should be showing up at the doorstep sometime shortly, which is even more awesome.

Geert said:
un hombre said:
Did your battery suffer much from this upgrade?

The newest Rotorpixel gimbal with the smaller and lighter motors gave me more than 17 minutes (17:38) flight time, that is more than the average flight time on the P2V+

Geert./.

Geert, did you originally have the initial design (large motors, less clearance) of the Rotorpixel gimbal? I seem to remember you being in the first batch of 100, as was my order. Do you mind me asking how you got the newer version Rotorpixel?

I have been trying to get a response from Keri on options to upgrade from the original design to the new design, mainly for the improved ground clearance.

Ok, so I understand that at some point there has been a redesign of the gimbal, which is now lighter and gives more battery/flight time.

Does the construction interfere with the FPV range? Did you notice the range is shorter after installation?

Honestly, is there much between Vision with Rotorpixel and Visio+? Other than worse range and 3rd axis on the gimbal, Vision seems to be more sturdy and offer minimally better flight time?

Hi All, having read all the posts re the rotorpixel gimbal, I'm still not sure which way to go. I've been looking at the Gimbal from Dronexpert in the Netherlands - good price but possibly mounted too low - also had a look at the one from www.stunningmovement.com.au but not too sure, website looks a bit iffy to me. Does anyone know what the wait time really is from Rotorpixel? I've sent them a mail asking but no reply as yet.

1t-bag said:
Hi All, having read all the posts re the rotorpixel gimbal, I'm still not sure which way to go. I've been looking at the Gimbal from Dronexpert in the Netherlands - good price but possibly mounted too low - also had a look at the one from http://www.stunningmovement.com.au but not too sure, website looks a bit iffy to me. Does anyone know what the wait time really is from Rotorpixel? I've sent them a mail asking but no reply as yet.
It is a crap shoot on time. They made a product that is GREAT and everybody wants one. Three weeks ago all back orders would be cleared in two weeks. Well, if so I would have received shipping notice by now. Still nothing. It is really anyone's guess.

Happyflyer said:
1t-bag said:
Does anyone know what the wait time really is from Rotorpixel?
It is a crap shoot on time. They made a product that is GREAT and everybody wants one. Three weeks ago all back orders would be cleared in two weeks. Well, if so I would have received shipping notice by now. Still nothing. It is really anyone's guess.

It's not really a crap shoot, Happyflyer. I can confirm with 100% certainty that we have more than enough units to fulfill all of the remaining backorder. We are now working as quickly as possible to create ~100 shipping labels (and contacting those who have chosen slow un-trackable services with upgrade options).

Thanks,

Keri

Rotorpixel said:
........I can confirm with 100% certainty that we have more than enough units to fulfill all of the remaining backorder. We are now working as quickly as possible to create ~100 shipping labels (and contacting those who have chosen slow un-trackable services with upgrade options).

Thanks,

Keri
Wonderful to read. But does that bold type above mean those of us that chose better shipping service are left out until the next batch are built?

I am truly amazed this thread is still so active. I went to www.rotorpixel.com to view new gimbal and they still have the same old crappy pre-release picture with "Accepting Pre-Orders Now"! It baffles me that a business wouldn't have the latest and greatest pictures of their product pictured!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart