Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Geert said:
tubino said:
Keri's recent post on FB mentioned that they are up to order ####3300. At this rate, by the end of the month -- probably sooner--, you'll be able to get one shipped shortly after placing the order.

Yes, exactly.
If you place an order today, you will have it within 2 weeks.

;)

Geert./.

Geert...

You have this on good authority? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this... :D

Thanks...
-slinger

Geert said:
tubino said:
Keri's recent post on FB mentioned that they are up to order ####3300. At this rate, by the end of the month -- probably sooner--, you'll be able to get one shipped shortly after placing the order.

Yes, exactly.
If you place an order today, you will have it within 2 weeks.

Seems to me that if you're in the US, ordering from RP NOW would get you a gimbal faster AND cheaper than from Dronexpert.

Geert said:
gunslinger said:
Geert...

You have this on good authority? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this... :D

Thanks...
-slinger

Yes, I have this from first hand.

;)

Geert./.

SWEEEEEETTTTT !!!!!! :) :) :D :D

-slinger

I should point out that the "2 weeks" that Geert mentions, is more like 3 weeks now, due to a bit of delay in delivery of the latest batch of gimbal control boards (Thanks to DHL brokerage service!). All other components are standing by, pre-assembled, waiting for boards to be installed, so once they arrive, we'll have enough gimbals assembled within a week to clear out the entire backorder (only another 150 units or so). Then once they're all assembled, and packaged, it's just a matter of how quickly we can get shipping labels printed!

Once the last backorders are finished, we'll be able to ship units out same day/next day very easily, so people who are placing new orders need not worry about month long waiting periods. Manufacturing/assembly problems have been resolved now.

Thanks,

Keri

YolevonALLin said:
I mean, seriously? If you have such a tremendous backorder.... Why are you ordering your parts via the **** bankrupt DHL? Cut the ********, FedEx those mother fuckers overnight and move on. Why be so **** cheap.
It's likely the parts manufacturer, not Keri, that is using DHL. Otherwise Keri would have to be shipping them to himself.

ProfessorStein said:
YolevonALLin said:
I mean, seriously? If you have such a tremendous backorder.... Why are you ordering your parts via the **** bankrupt DHL? Cut the ********, FedEx those mother fuckers overnight and move on. Why be so **** cheap.
It's likely the parts manufacturer, not Keri, that is using DHL. Otherwise Keri would have to be shipping them to himself.

I'll take information (good or bad) over no information any day.

Keri, thank you for the information!

Cyclone said:
Stufft said:
Well at 6pm this evening I received a card through the door asking to pay £50 VAT (yeah the customs folk got me). Quick trip to the post office to pay and collect the parcel, got home, fitted it and was out testing in the back garden by 7pm :) easy peasy :D

How much did you pay in total - £300 roughly? Im looking at ordering one in a few weeks and curious on full price.

Postitnote's moaning and bitching hasnt put me off.

Adding the VAT (20%) the total came to around £300

I looked at the video on rotorpixel web site and thought about something. Current camera holder snaps over the camera on both sides. If that is the model any of you have recently received, did it appear to you your FPV distance is shorter due to the antennas being covered up on the camera? If so, may have to do the mod to bring antennas to the outside.

I'll be joining this soap opera of a topic as I order my RotorPixel gimbal today... :shock: :eek: :D

-slinger

privy said:
About to be joining the club today. Have an itch to stabilize the video. Wobbly videos are starting to really urk me!

Yup... I've had to turn down a number of... opportunities :D because of the video quality. I hope to correct that problem...

-slinger

Thanks, Geert.

Hi fliers!
Have gimbal installed etc (easy), the Rotorpixel is a good solid unit and am getting improved pics.
I have noticed that the P2V is more susceptible to wind gusts or winds, gets a wobble, is uncontrollable and then goes down! I still have connection but I am unable to manoeuvre. Several crashes now and luckily only prop damage.
Has anyone else noticed? Or any advice?
Cheers

Can I assume that these gimbals do not break as easily in a crash or hard landing as the PV+ gimbals? Has anyone actually broken one of these? Also what flight time is everyone getting with these gimbals(I know this question has been answered but I have read anywhere between 12 to 18 minutes)?

privy said:
About to be joining the club today. Have an itch to stabilize the video. Wobbly videos are starting to really urk me!

Yep, once you mount your RP, you will never want to go back to unstabilized video. Sort of like using a camcorder by hand versus on a tripod......however, the tripod is stationary unlike the RP which is moving with the Phantom 2 Vision without the induced seasickness.

How do I order parts for the Rotorpixel Gimbal?

I have broken the cradle that holds the camera. Mine is the old style 3d printer version. How do I go about ordering a replacement that was injection molded?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Mooney

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT