Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

bobomet said:
Let me ask those who have them: My lens filter ring weighs in at ~12m, and my circular polarizing filter weighs in a 15.3 gm.
So if I decide to fly at night, and remove only the 15.3 gm polarizer, do you think there would be a need for a re-balance?
That's what I'm trying to figure out too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pull_Up said:
Shedracer said:
Pull_Up said:
45 minute drive to the depot!

Standby. ;)

Where on earth are you having to drive 45 min, to your nearest depot? Thought Oxford was your nearest.

Kidlington, yes. 47 mins there but only 38 back. :cool:

So gimbal got, gimbal installed, gimbal filmed. Real life has to intervene now for a couple of hours, but the fog is lifting so might get a test flight in and then do a combined kitchen table and sample footage one later.

I have to say though, the black motors and my circ polariser set each other off nicely...
u7arytep.jpg

How did you hide the thumbscrews? LOL

Pull_Up said:
Shedracer said:
Pull_Up said:
45 minute drive to the depot!

Standby. ;)

Where on earth are you having to drive 45 min, to your nearest depot? Thought Oxford was your nearest.

Kidlington, yes. 47 mins there but only 38 back. :cool:

So gimbal got, gimbal installed, gimbal filmed. Real life has to intervene now for a couple of hours, but the fog is lifting so might get a test flight in and then do a combined kitchen table and sample footage one later.

I have to say though, the black motors and my circ polariser set each other off nicely...
u7arytep.jpg

Finally!!! Was there room for the FlyTrex at its initial location?

Thanks...
-slinger

I just bought my case with my Vision, was concerned about being able to extend the legs with the gimbal installed, and still fit in the case....I wouldn't be going far with it. It's nice to know there are already good options to extend the legs without a major rework of the case or the legs.

The Rookie

I was worried about that too but as I don't put mine in the case with the battery attached I should be able to turn the phantom round and put it in with the camera facing the cutout made for the battery, so it should fit looking at the photos.

pyrophantom said:
I was worried about that too but as I don't put mine in the case with the battery attached I should be able to turn the phantom round and put it in with the camera facing the cutout made for the battery, so it should fit looking at the photos.

Was thinking same, but now today got my long awaited free battery from the DJI Xmas Promotion .... and my HPRC case only has 2 battery holes (which are already filled) so need a new cunning plan :shock:

GMANNZ said:
pyrophantom said:

Was thinking same, but now today got my long awaited free battery from the DJI Xmas Promotion .... and my HPRC case only has 2 battery holes (which are already filled) so need a new cunning plan :shock:

lol same case as mine and yes I was going to get a third battery but have got so much stuff in the case now I might be having to get another seahorse case to take spares in. Wish people would stop coming up with all the new gizmos for the P2V as its giving me a transport headache now :D

iResq said:
GetaGrip said:
Just leave the screws slightly loose, set balance, mark position with a pencil, remove camera check position and tighten screws, re-install camera...done ;)[/quote

Ok maybe im missing something as this is my first done
if the weight of the filter sets the balance a little forward could you not just ajust it with the tilt lever a little and forgo all the balancing every time you filter of not filter.

pyrophantom said:
GMANNZ said:
pyrophantom said:

lol same case as mine and yes I was going to get a third battery but have got so much stuff in the case now I might be having to get another seahorse case to take spares in. Wish people would stop coming up with all the new gizmos for the P2V as its giving me a transport headache now :D

Simple solution.. buy a bigger copter to carry the smaller copters!
Like.. maybe...
http://www.e-volo.com/ongoing-developement/vc-200

I want one! :D

skyhighdiver said:
if the weight of the filter sets the balance a little forward could you not just ajust it with the tilt lever a little and forgo all the balancing every time you filter of not filter.

You should not have to adjust the tilt at all, the motors will keep the proper angle. The problem is the gimbal is designed to be balanced. At balance, the motors only have to adjust the angle, not carry additional weight. With the added weight of the filter (assuming not balanced) means that the motor has to work to support that extra weight, regardless of angle. Is this a problem? I don't think we know. The added weight would definitely add wear. How much??? Would/could supporting this extra weight introduce vibrations from the motor? I don't think so but again, I don't know. We do know that the gimbal was designed to be properly balanced if a filter holder and filter are applied.

iResq said:
skyhighdiver said:

You should not have to adjust the tilt at all, the motors will keep the proper angle. The problem is the gimbal is designed to be balanced. At balance, the motors only have to adjust the angle, not carry additional weight. With the added weight of the filter (assuming not balanced) means that the motor has to work to support that extra weight, regardless of angle. Is this a problem? I don't think we know. The added weight would definitely add wear. How much??? Would/could supporting this extra weight introduce vibrations from the motor? I don't think so but again, I don't know. We do know that the gimbal was designed to be properly balanced if a filter holder and filter are applied.

So if 90% of my flying is filter free and the other 10% I just add filter adjust the tilt alittle and not worry about adjusting
probable not an issue. ? As sounds like quick adjusting is a issue in the field.

skyhighdiver said:
So if 90% of my flying is filter free and the other 10% I just add filter adjust the tilt alittle and not worry about adjusting
probable not an issue. ? As sounds like quick adjusting is a issue in the field.

You would not have to adjust the tilt, that is automatically done. In other words, if you have the camera pointed straight forward, it will be straight forward regardless of filter. Without filter, motor holds for straight forward. With filter, motor holds for straight forward PLUS holds the additional weight of the filter.

Can you do it without worry? That is the question.

iResq said:
skyhighdiver said:

You would not have to adjust the tilt, that is automatically done. In other words, if you have the camera pointed straight forward, it will be straight forward regardless of filter. Without filter, motor holds for straight forward. With filter, motor holds for straight forward PLUS holds the additional weight of the filter.

Can you do it without worry? That is the question.

:idea: I begin to understand
But if it is held straight either way how do you know it is not balanced :?: with or without filter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72