Rotor-Screws to "hard"?! Unable to fly

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So, i wanted to fly with my Phantom3 Professional the first time.

The Problem: After starting the Motor, the rotor-blades are rotating for a few seconds and stop automatically.

I tested this with the "manual" Start (both Joysticks in the corner) and of course with the "Auto Start" in my PilotApp.

I think the right (down) Motor is the reason.
It looks/feels/sounds like the Motorscrews are to "hard" inside the Phantom?!

Could that be?

Any Ideas?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
With the props off, does the motor feel different from the others when rotating by hand? If so, try backing the motor mount screws out just a little (Maybe a half-turn) and see if it makes any difference. If it is now free then one of the screws was overtorqued or simply too long. Screw them back in the same 1/2 turn to identify the culprit.

If with the screws out the motor is still stiffer than the others then you probably have a bad motor.

Reactions: iPhone92
With the props off, does the motor feel different from the others when rotating by hand? If so, try backing the motor mount screws out just a little (Maybe a half-turn) and see if it makes any difference. If it is now free then one of the screws was overtorqued or simply too long. Screw them back in the same 1/2 turn to identify the culprit.

If with the screws out the motor is still stiffer than the others then you probably have a bad motor.

Hey,

thanks for your answer.
I put all those screws out of the motor, and what a surprise, it works fine!
After putting the screws 1/2 inside, the same error reappears.

I checked the "motor-position" and remarked, that the motor is a bit off-center.
So i put the both "front" Screws inside and it works fine.

Now i could fly with 2 of 4 Screws on this motor-side, but i am not sure.

Do you recommend a replace?

Thank you.

Reactions: SteveMann
Hey,

thanks for your answer.
I put all those screws out of the motor, and what a surprise, it works fine!
After putting the screws 1/2 inside, the same error reappears.

I checked the "motor-position" and remarked, that the motor is a bit off-center.
So i put the both "front" Screws inside and it works fine.

Now i could fly with 2 of 4 Screws on this motor-side, but i am not sure.

Do you recommend a replace?

Thank you.
I wouldn't try flying with just two screws. Pull all four screws and compare them - are they all the same length? (I think they should be). The next step would be to remove the shell and make sure the motor is seated properly as screwing it down could be tilting it causing the binding.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.