P3P Aircraft will not go into Link mode, after FW upgrade

Reaction score
Full disclosure - I crashed the Phantom pretty hard a few months ago. So I replaced the casing (yes it was a lot of tedious work). Put it all back together, and everything seemed fine.
Everything connected. I could see the camera view in the DJI Go software on the controller. All was awesome.
I went to go fly today and the Go app said I should update the firmware - it had been at least 6 months since I'd done it last so against my better judgement........
I updated the Controller first. No problems
I downloaded P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin firmware and applied it to the Aircraft. Took a while, made all the right sounds. Seemed great
I checked the log file on the SD card - success.
NOW THE PROBLEM: Controller won't connect with the Aircraft
I start up the aircraft, push the little button on the side of the aircraft (it is alternating between green and red), and NOTHING HAPPENS to the light.
And yes, the button does make a nice feeling little click when I push it in. I've tried a quick push, 2 seconds, 6 seconds... etc.

So nothing here has to do with the controller at all. I can easily set the control to be in Linking mode. It's the aircraft that will not go into Linking mode.
I called DJI and a lady had me try to downgrade to FW P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin, but the aircraft ignored the attempt.
I called back and another fellow had my try to re-apply the current P3X_FW_V01.11.0020.bin but that did nothing as well

So it appears the application of the Firmware has bricked my Phantom. And because I had crashed it a few months ago, I expect that sending it in is going to cost me a LOT

Any ideas???? Is there a way to downgrade and then re-upgrade the FW?
Totally stuck with an aircraft I can't connect to. Aaarrrgghhh!

Thanks!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl