Rotor Pixel Gimbal not working after Firmware Update 3.12

Reaction score
Hello All.

Is anyone having issues with their RP gimbal after updating to firmware 3.12. After updating(not sure if I should have done it...)but when power cycling up the gimbal locates its center position to the ground. -450 for pitch with a gain of 0 have been entered several times and power cycled but the problem continues to exist. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Ranger

Re: Rotor Pixel Gimbal not working after Firmware Update 3.1

Ranger003 said:
Hello All.

Is anyone having issues with their RP gimbal after updating to firmware 3.12. After updating(not sure if I should have done it...)but when power cycling up the gimbal locates its center position to the ground. -450 for pitch with a gain of 0 have been entered several times and power cycled but the problem continues to exist. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Ranger

Do you still have control of the gimbal after power up?

-slinger

i have a RP and i am on 3.12 and do not have this problem

I had the same problem. I just reinstalled the software again and all is good.
I also did the advance calibration. Everthing is working good.

Is the OP still having this problem? Is this a non issue? Should I just delete this thread? OP... you there?

-slinger

sorry guys but I have been on vacation to escape the clutches of winter here.
I have control of the gimbal through the assistant but the weird thing is, is that when I turn on the RC and power up, the gimbal will go 90 degrees to the ground and I have repeated this several times. I have tried to reset the IMU on the gimbal by pressing the back reset button as described on RP website and still the same positioning of the gimbal/camera happens.
Is it possible that I may have reset or deleted all of the parameters of the alexmos board by pressing the reset button to long which I have done? If I have reset the parameters how do I reinstall the parameters to the board?

You're not alone with the camera pointing down. Quite a few of us have that problem.

I've only had it since I've upgraded to the new transmitter with the gimbal wheel. I got that frustrated with it I installed some extra long landing legs.

Hopefully a proper solution will come out soon.

Hopefully this will be some usable information for all. This is direct from Rotorpixel and maybe should be posted here and if the administrators of the forum feel like it should be posted in another topic feel free to do so. Basically this will restore the default parameters in the RP control board. Thanks Keri.

Please follow these steps to re-format the gimbal control board and sensor:

1. Download the files here: http://bit.ly/1qKhLxD
2. Install the USB driver first.
3. Run the gimbal software (SimpleBGC_GUI.exe).
4. Disconnect motors and pitch control cables from the gimbal control
board, and take note of the orientation of the cables. Only the
multi-coloured IMU
cable should be connected to the gimbal control board board now.
5. Connect the gimbal control board to your computer via any mini-USB cable.
6. Select the appropriate COM PORT in the drop down menu from the box
in the top left, and click CONNECT.
7. If it gives you an error stating a mismatch of the firmware with
the GUI, then proceed with steps 8-10. If no error occurs, and the
live read-outs on the right side of the screen are active when you
move the camera, then skip to step 11.

8. Run "XLoader.exe, select the correct COM PORT, and select
"SimpleBGC_2_40b7.enc.hex", then click "Upload".
9. The green light on the gimbal control board should go out for a few
seconds, and in the XLoader program it will eventually say "Upload
failed" - this is normal!
10. Now, try clicking "CONNECT" in the gimbal control software again,
and it should connect properly.

11. Click "Load" in the top right of the screen, and select "RPG-FC200.profile"
12. Click "Write" in the bottom right of the screen.
13. Rigidly secure the camera in a perfectly horizontal orientation
(might be easier without the camera installed), and click the "Calib
ACC" button once, then wait 5 seconds for the calibration to occur.
14. Click "Disconnect" in the top left, and reconnect the motor cables
in their appropriate positions/orientations.
15. Make sure that the camera is installed, and then try powering the
system up again.

Thanks,

Keri

I believe anyone running the RPG is having this issue. If you watch carefully during startup, you can stop the gimbal from pointing down. Or once startup has completed, you can simply move the gimbal up to where you want it. Either getting a longer pair of legs from the P2v+, leg extensions, or placing it up on blocks takes away the severity of the problem. I built a small platform I launch it from.

Does Keri's prescription supposedly fix this? Or is that simply a method of getting the gimbal back to initial specs if the parameters, for one reason or another, go astray?

-slinger

I have not tried this yet but I will post when I have and the results that I achieve. I am currently adding new landing gear as well taller and wider. When the vision powers up the camera/gimbal pointed 90 degrees from horizon is not normal as I had the camera/gimbal centering on the horizon previously.

Ranger003 said:
I have not tried this yet but I will post when I have and the results that I achieve. I am currently adding new landing gear as well taller and wider. When the vision powers up the camera/gimbal pointed 90 degrees from horizon is not normal as I had the camera/gimbal centering on the horizon previously.

With this firmware... it's normal. Please ask around. I know of not a soul who isn't having to deal with this minor issue. If you find someone who isn't, please let me know as I'd love to compare notes...

Thanks...
-slinger

Has anyone had any luck in making their Rotorpixel work properly with the latest firmware updat? Mine still does not balance right.

Has anyone had any luck in making their Rotorpixel work properly with the latest firmware updat? Mine still does not balance right.
3.14?

Mine is fine. Could you say what you mean it's not balanced right .
Same here @docrobot mine is fine.

How's it going Dirk? Haven't been flying much lately with the weather up here but heading out today:)

Same here @docrobot mine is fine.

How's it going Dirk? Haven't been flying much lately with the weather up here but heading out today:)
About sick Mike but still manage to get out and get in a fly or 2 everyday it's not raining ;)
I'm not sure what doc means with balance . The only thing about balanceing is the egg in that cradle I can think off .

Reactions: Mike Drone7
About sick Mike but still manage to get out and get in a fly or 2 everyday it's not raining ;)
I'm not sure what doc means with balance . The only thing about balanceing is the egg in that cradle I can think off .
Sorry to hear that Bro I hope nothing serious and you're feeling better soon;) First time out in about 3 weeks and I just about froze my *** off today but flew 3 batteries in each in the P2 and the P3P. Bring on spring;)

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl