Phantom 4 Pro+, Drone continuously beeping after firmware update

Reaction score
I bought a new Phantom 4 Pro+ last year. Yesterday I powered it on to prepare for a first flight. It prompted for a firmware update and I proceeded with it.

After the firmware update I powered the drone on. The camera / linking status light flashed green and then turned red. The gimbal moved. The front leds and the aircraft status lights are off. The drone then starts emitting a loud beeping noise. I have left it on for 1 hour 40 minutes with the pattern of the beeping noise changing from time to time. I then powered it off, then back on again. The same sequence of events occurs. The controller was switched off while I was doing this.

When I connect it to my PC (Windows 10) and run DJI Assistant 2 (version 1.1.2-2) it cannot load the Firmware List. When I try to Restore Factory Defaults in DJI Assistant it fails.

My Controller (Pro+) is running version V1.2.2.0 which it says is the latest version. When I power on the controller then power on the drone (still beeping) the front leds and the aircraft status lights are off but the camera / linking staus light is green and the Pro+ controller says it is Connected. When I tap on 'Go Fly' the camera works and the camera angle can be adjusted by the controller. The DJI Go 4 App shows 'Ready to Go (GPS)' but the GPS Signal Strength indicator is greyed out (the drone is inside a building). The drone is still beeping with the pattern of beeps changing from time to time and the front leds and the aircraft status lights are still off.

When I connect the controller to the drone with the OTG cable and press and hold the 'Academy' icon in the DJI Go 4 app I get a screen which states 'Firmware version: 01.05.0300(AC)', and gives an option to 'Downgrade firmware' to 01.05.0300 or 01.04.0602. Leaving it on 01.05.0300 and tapping 'Start Updating', it then starts updating with the camera / linking status light on the drone alternating between green and red. The Status LED on the controller is green, The update sometimes proceeds to about 58% then reverts to 50% then fails. Sometimes it reaches 99% then fails. It fails with error code 0x020b003. The same thing happens if I try to downgrade the firmware to 01.04.0602. I have tried this with Wi-Fi switched on and off. With Wi-Fi off pressing and holding the 'Academy' icon doesn't get me to the screen to update the firmware. I can't find any other way to update the firmware through the DJI Go 4 App.

Many hours of beeping from the drone is driving me crazy...

If anyone can help me with this problem it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj