rookie needs help to get my phantom 1 up and flying

My SR6 controller works like yours Caupwhiting I believe that is normal for them
My SR6 controller works like yours Caupwhiting I believe that is normal for them

I just placed an order for the part. The photo shows that the part is missing on the right.

Cheers

Attachments

• 101_1061_01.JPG
    101_1061_01.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 341
Reactions: dronesky
Caupwhiting now you need to give an update on your progress and post a video ok bro!

Last edited:
Caupwhiting now you need to give an update on your progress and post a video ok bro!

I decided to step back a bit and take a break.

I have tried to get my laptop(s) to recognize the drone but without success. I’ve tried windows 10, 8 and 7.

I’ve also tried to get the drone and controller to communicate. I turn the controller on first, then connect the battery to the drone. Lights begin flashing and eventually I get 4 flashing green lights and 1 yellow. I’m not sure if things are working or not, but I suspect not.

So, that’s where I am. A little frustrated but determined to get this figured out eventually.

Cheers

Last edited:
Did you get a copy of the manual? Did you buy it from someone you know, if you did they could help you get started. If you had green lights that's a good thing! Did you calibrate the compass you don't need a computer to do that! It takes a little to understand the manual helps and the lights tell you everything! Read the flow chart of failsafe. Then the phantom flying flowchart and the led description of the lights and it tells you what they mean. I have a manual and can send you a copy over the internet if you lived near me I could help you with it! Green means regularly situation. I want to find out you have or figured out and your flying! Let me know if you need a copy and stop hooking it up to the computer for now.

I decided to step back a bit and take a break.

I have tried to get my laptop(s) to recognize the drone but without success. I’ve tried windows 10, 8 and 7.

I’ve also tried to get the drone and controller to communicate. I turn the controller on first, then connect the battery to the drone. Lights begin flashing and eventually I get 4 flashing green lights and 1 yellow. I’m not sure if things are working or not, but I suspect not.
So, that’s where I am. A little frustrated but determined to get this figured out eventually.

Cheers
Did you create an account with DJI & download drivers? I use windows 7 with mine

Jay this drone has been used and probably for some time it has been flying before.
You don't need to do anything but charge the batteries Do the compass calibration first. #1
turn on transmitter plug in battery close door flip switch s1 switch from GPS to atti and back to GPS 6 to 10 times stop with switch on the GPS the led will turn on constant yellow! #2 Hold air craft horizontally and rotate around till the led turns green. #3 hold aircraft vertical and rotate it nose down led facing up till the light turns off meaning the calibration is complete. If the calibration was successful calibration mode will exit automatically if the led keeps blinking red the calibration failed! Then flip the control mode switch one time to cancel the calibration and then restart from step 1.... if you get the compass calibration done your almost flying! Then the fun starts!
don't worry about connecting to computer for IMU calibration now you don't need to do it I don't think only did mine once when it was new let me know when how it goes and if you need copy of manual good luck

Did you get a copy of the manual? Did you buy it from someone you know, if you did they could help you get started. If you had green lights that's a good thing! Did you calibrate the compass you don't need a computer to do that! It takes a little to understand the manual helps and the lights tell you everything! Read the flow chart of failsafe. Then the phantom flying flowchart and the led description of the lights and it tells you what they mean. I have a manual and can send you a copy over the internet if you lived near me I could help you with it! Green means regularly situation. I want to find out you have or figured out and your flying! Let me know if you need a copy and stop hooking it up to the computer for now.

I found manuals on the DJI site and downloaded the PHANTOM Quick Start Manual V1.7, the PHANTOM Advanced Manual V 1.4 and the NAZA - M V2 Quick Start Guide V 1.26. I suppose these are the correct manuals and guided for the Phantom 1. Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it very much.

Jay download the flying flowchart it helps! But I think your making it harder than it is!
Just turn it on calibrate the compass start the props go up a few feet no more than 20 ft
See if you can get that far! Don't worry about hooking to the computer...

Hi all,

Having just undergone shear hell trying to get my drone connected to a windows 10 Laptop I would say don't bother unless you seriously think you have need (I wanted to turn Course and Home lock on)

The Drivers are still available from DJI "Phantom 1 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI" however they aren't "signed" which means windows 10 wont let you install them or recognise them once they are. Older versions of windows should work without hassle so long as you follow the sequence. If you still want to try i'm more than happy to try and explain further.

The beeping may be from your controller if it was left on too long without the drone connected? Other than the startup sound from the drone I can't say either of mine beeping.

As was said above and from my experience, unless you figure something is wrong with the software then the best way is to charge it up, put new batteries in the controller and head outside.

One helpful hint I had was when attempting to take off, get the drone in the air asap. If you dawdle just above the ground blades usually end up digging a nice hole and trashing them selves in the process.

As for range, the software default before return to home is triggered is set at 2 miles (has been on original any way can't remember on the Naza 2.0) and I've had at least a mile out of my last drone (with FPV camera) but I limit my self to no more than 200ft as you can really loose orientation of the drone fast!

Hope it helps you move forward with yours. I'm on my second 1.1 as they are bearable cost to loose at sea compared to the next gen, however once you've got to grips flying with this one, the next gens sound much more suited to your needs with integrated cameras and simple display on a phone.

Hi you must have a different model than me I only get around 300 meters on this v1.1 I would love to get 2 miles out of mine! I wish Jay could get his in the air a few meters to start with.
Hope he gets it if I lived out his way I would help him! Have a good one and happy flying!

I had same problem with firmware try downloading the NAZA drivers for windows first ps are using windows 10
You might have to go to settings to turn of windows driver signature that’s what I had to do now NAZA is working

When done install NAZA driver when all is finished install NAZA without installing update should work after this

When done install NAZA driver when all is finished install NAZA without installing update should work after this
Bought my phantom1 2 months ago for £40 with fpv screen,camera gimble 5 batteries and metal case GREAT DEAL you can fly without using computer

My name is Jay, I’m 64 and new to the hobby. I have never flown a drone. I recently bought a Phantom 1 in excellent condition as far as I can see. I'm finding out that this is fairly old technology but think it will suit my purposes. My plan is to take this with us when my wife and I hike. Think It will be fun to see the area(s) from a birds eye view.

It did not come with a manual so I’m not sure what steps I need to take in order to get it to fly.

Do I need software in order to fly it and not lose it?

I have been watching videos and searching the internet for both flight instructions and software but I’m a little confused about the software I need to install to the drone and to the remote control.

I’m hoping that someone can tell me what software I need for both and where I can get the download(s).

It came with two batteries. I am able to charge one of them, but the charger blinks back and forth from the large red light and one of the smaller red lights. Does this mean the battery is bad?
Thank you,
Jay
Jay just checking on you never heard if you're flying your phantom just wondering!

Jay just checking on you never heard if you're flying your phantom just wondering!
I haven't flown it yet. I had to put it away for a while, but have been thinking about flying it on a nice warm day. I think i'll just start it up and see if will fly. Try some simple hovering and landing to get my feet wet so to speak. I will be sure to keep the group posted.

Thanks for asking.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic