rookie needs help to get my phantom 1 up and flying

Is it the transmitter that's beeping?
There was a website dji-innovations.com but they no longer support the v1.1 any more.
I don't know much more than this manual gives. But I think it's a low battery alarm so the battery might be going bad if it's old you only get about 15 minutes on a good hot battery!
But I have never heard mine doing an alarm but that's where I would start. Let us know!!

There was a website dji-innovations.com but they no longer support the v1.1 any more.
I don't know much more than this manual gives. But I think it's a low battery alarm so the battery might be going bad if it's old you only get about 15 minutes on a good hot battery!
But I have never heard mine doing an alarm but that's where I would start. Let us know!!

I'll change the batteries and see what happens. I have a lot to learn, and I appreciate all the help.

I'll change the batteries and see what happens. I have a lot to learn, and I appreciate all the help.
I think it's the battery for the quad but you can start with new batteries for the transmitter
And charge the one for the quad but it might need to be replaced there in the 25.00 buck range!
You need to read and study the manual I take it with me when I go fly to see what all the lights
are for it hard for me to remember all the light codes and stay away from the trees for now....

I think it's the battery for the quad but you can start with new batteries for the transmitter
And charge the one for the quad but it might need to be replaced there in the 25.00 buck range!
You need to read and study the manual I take it with me when I go fly to see what all the lights
are for it hard for me to remember all the light codes and stay away from the trees for now....

Seems to be a long learning curve for flying this drone. I've watched many videos, and searched for documentation for the Phantom 1. I've followed the procedures for downloading and loading the win drivers and naza-m, but I can't get the naza-m program to recognize my drone. It gives me an error message that my drone is not connected, even though it is.

I'll keep reading and watching videos until I get it figured out. Have all winter to become proficient at flying it for next springs hiking trips in Southern Utah.

Where should I look for the best price on a couple of new drone batteries?

Thanks for all of your help and encouragement.

Seems to be a long learning curve for flying this drone. I've watched many videos, and searched for documentation for the Phantom 1. I've followed the procedures for downloading and loading the win drivers and naza-m, but I can't get the naza-m program to recognize my drone. It gives me an error message that my drone is not connected, even though it is.

I'll keep reading and watching videos until I get it figured out. Have all winter to become proficient at flying it for next springs hiking trips in Southern Utah.

Where should I look for the best price on a couple of new drone batteries?

Thanks for all of your help and encouragement.
I'm pretty sure the website does not support the phantom 1.1 I went to check mine after you
started this tread and the website wasn't working not giving updates! So I'm using the program
I've had on there for years. So I hope you can get yours flying! Here's a place for batteries
PULSE 2200mAh 3S 11.1V 25C LiPo Battery

I would think that this drone has been flown before so you shouldn’t need to get into hooking it up to your computer. My first dji drone was a P2 V
I watched a few ( hundred ) U-tube video clips and gave it a shot .
For my old phantom I start the controller then I power the drone . Once the two connect it can be flown without using the app and camera if wanted. But if the live view is wasted I start the app then go into my wifi on the phone and pick the wifi from my drone . My old phantom uses a wifi booster that hangs off the controller. I do a compass calibration before each flight on my old bird as it has a better hover pattern . Once it has locked on to enough satellites I flashes green on two arms of the drone . It’s been a few months since I used the old bird but I think I covered most of my start up . I have newer dji drones so the old girl is getting dusty .
Keep us posted on your experience on your first few times in the air . My first time in the air I went into a big field so I had nothing to hit .
Lol
Have fun with your toy

Reactions: caupwhiting
I would think that this drone has been flown before so you shouldn’t need to get into hooking it up to your computer. My first dji drone was a P2 V
For my old phantom I start the controller then I power the drone . Once the two connect it can be flown without using the app and camera if wanted. But if the live view is wasted I start the app then go into my wifi on the phone and pick the wifi from my drone . My old phantom uses a wifi booster that hangs off the controller. I do a compass calibration before each flight on my old bird as it has a better hover pattern . Once it has locked on to enough satellites I flashes green on two arms of the drone . It’s been a few months since I used the old bird but I think I covered most of my start up . I have newer dji drones so the old girl is getting dusty .
Keep us posted on your experience on your first few times in the air . My first time in the air I went into a big field so I had nothing to hit .
Lol
Have fun with your toy

I think you are probably right. If it has been flown before, I may not have to do anything with the software. I've been watching videos, and searching for documentation for couple of days. Being retired does have it's perks.

I want to thank you, and everyone for helping me. I will keep you posted if I can get it up in the air. Fingers Crossed!

I think you are probably right. If it has been flown before, I may not have to do anything with the software. I've been watching videos, and searching for documentation for couple of days. Being retired does have it's perks.

I want to thank you, and everyone for helping me. I will keep you posted if I can get it up in the air. Fingers Crossed!
By not being able to connect to your computer, you have no idea how it is set up which would really be helpful. Things like ….altitude and range limits, IOC, battery level alarms, S1 and S2 preferences, and other things. Not that you need the latest software. I have 3 P1 ver. 1.1.1 and they have the original software they came with and fly just fine.

By not being able to connect to your computer, you have no idea how it is set up which would really be helpful. Things like ….altitude and range limits, IOC, battery level alarms, S1 and S2 preferences, and other things. Not that you need the latest software. I have 3 P1 ver. 1.1.1 and they have the original software they came with and fly just fine.

After watching some videos, I think it would be very important to be able to calibrate those things. I just don't understand why my laptop won't recognize the drone once I open NAZAM to calibrate. Could it be because I'm using windows 10 and the Phantom 1 was designed for an older version of windows?

After watching some videos, I think it would be very important to be able to calibrate those things. I just don't understand why my laptop won't recognize the drone once I open NAZAM to calibrate. Could it be because I'm using windows 10 and the Phantom 1 was designed for an older version of windows?
From what I have read here to have the program to work with Win 10...you have to set the date back on your computer to an earlier time.

Sounds like your getting a lot of good advice. I would just go to the field and start it up a calibrate the compass! And see if it will start then try to hover it's best to give it enough throttle to get up fast if you try doing it easy it will tip over. The control's are sensitive make easy input
stand back till you get use to it. Make sure you have hot batteries in the transmitter and quad.

Lol
Have fun with your toy

The first phantom v1.0 does not have a camera if you don't add one...

From what I have read here to have the program to work with Win 10...you have to set the date back on your computer to an earlier time.

Set my computer back to an earlier date? HUH? I have no clue how to do that. I guess it's time to watch more youtube videos. How far back does it need to be set?

You need to register your drone with FAA and you need to find out where you can fly
A lot of parks you can't fly and there is restricted air space around airport's and other places!
FAADroneZone

Last edited:
You need to register your drone with FAA and you need to find out where you can fly
A lot of parks you can't fly and there is restricted air space around airport's and other places!
FAADroneZone

I have my FAA Drone License. Most of my flying will be in remote locations in and around Southern Utah. I can hardly wait to take it out and get a birds eye view of places we have explored.

Thanks for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94