RIP Flytrex Live

Flytrex coming back online
x.flytrex.com

Apparently you have inside information... can you expound on what you know and where you found out? When will the Live feature work?

The Explore page shows nobody has been tracked since Black Tuesday (Aug 22nd). Thanks!

Well guys it looks like the Flytrex server is back up today !! We still need to check the live feed, we had heard that its coming up as well shortly. I have listed the link below:

Flytrex - Quadcopter and Multirotor Pilots Network

Let me know how it goes for everyone....our company has been pleading with them to fix this problem and it looks like they have listened to us ant the many other 1000's of pilots !!

Ken Stovall / TxSat Electronics

Wow! Well done! I really thought it was fruitless.

I can log onto the site - no problem. All my data is intact. I can export anything I want.

My device is connected and powered up, the SIM card is charged, but I get no connection. My Live 3G initially glows steady red for maybe 30 secs, then glows steady purple for maybe 90 secs, then glows steady blue for maybe 30 secs. Then goes back to steady red and repeats above.

Here is a link to the manual on the new site: Flytrex Live 3G User Manual

Last edited:
Reactions: culnara
A few of us started a facebook page voicing our anger etc, glad to see them doing the right thing

I tried to use my Flytrex iPhone app with no success. Went to update Version 1.05 but I get the message "This item is no longer available." A search for Flytrex in the App Store yields no results.

Last edited:
I believe this should be available soon, it will take
some time.
I removed the hardware from my P3A before reading the entire thread. I am going to wait to put it back. I've heard "available soon" before!

I reinstalled mine yesterday as already mentioned. I tried it again this morning - no dice. I'll try it once a day and report back if there is a connection. My glass is half full. :grinning:

Edit: Still won't connect

Last edited:
The new site works but I can no longer login via the Google route. Consequently, the site thinks I am a new user and I have no history when I log in using my email. But that is fine if the 3G live will connect I could care less about the history.
Keep up the good work guys. I guess the comments on Facebook did some good.

I can sign in using Email and Password as I always did, but now at Flytrex - Quadcopter and Multirotor Pilots Network
My history is still there (no big deal for me).
But what good is it if there is no app available for my iPhone for me to be able to track my bird in the field??

Last edited:
The app is still looking at the old site. Flytrex needs to give us a new app or an updated firmware version which should be a relatively simple matter.

The other option is to use a browser to bring up x.flytrex.com, go to your page, click track live, and track that way. You don't even need to sign in.

The real problem is the network isn't working. We have to be patient, I guess.

The network seems to be back! Werner Ludwig is flying all over the place!

Flytrex - Quadcopter and Multirotor Pilots Network

Edit: It says his flight was recorded 9/16 and yet it was posted 17 hours ago, so maybe things are backlogged or something...

Edit x 2: My device still won't connect - lights are the same as before

I'm pretty sure he is using the Flytrex data logger / can bus then he has uploaded the flights, Live 3g / plus still not operational as far as I know :mad:

Right but the network would still have to work for him to use the Core, right?

Now there's some guy named Forunato Catalano in Italy flyin' around.

Neither of these guys seem very interested in casual conversation

Even if the network is up, I want an app for the iphone or I am unwilling to reinstall this piece of garbage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic