Right band and channel, Blackpearl and avl58

I've seen people say 1-2 miles (maybe 2500m, I think...). But I'm WAY to scared to fly it that far away! If you have a tripod handy, try mounting your monitor on it to separate the controller from the monitor.

Ok, I saw on youtube some good results and some bad results with the patch antenna, don't know if i want to buy more stuff to it. I tried as you say to have the screen away from the controller but with no results.

Ok, I saw on youtube some good results and some bad results with the patch antenna, don't know if i want to buy more stuff to it. I tried as you say to have the screen away from the controller but with no results.

Look for a Flysight patch antenna. Should run about $15. I have the same setup as you and had major interference until I added the patch antenna.

Look for a Flysight patch antenna. Should run about $15. I have the same setup as you and had major interference until I added the patch antenna.
Hi.
Ok, how good is the signal if you turn the Phantom away from you? Say that you fly around a building how good is the signal then?

Hi.
Ok, how good is the signal if you turn the Phantom away from you? Say that you fly around a building how good is the signal then?

Can't comment on that, but I imagine not as good. I usually fly off my back patio which is over a lake and has a clear line of sight with no buildings to worry about for at least 1km. Plus in Louisiana once you hit 50m you can basically fly over everything as far as you can see.

Can't comment on that, but I imagine not as good. I usually fly off my back patio which is over a lake and has a clear line of sight with no buildings to worry about for at least 1km. Plus in Louisiana once you hit 50m you can basically fly over everything as far as you can see.
Ok, thanks for the answer. I think I will think this over if I will sell my p2 and buy a p3p or change the antenna again.

Hi.

When you fly behind building you are more likely to lose signal and the P2 will go into RTH and hopefully the building isn't taller than the setting for RTH/Failsafe. If your think then a P3 will be better you will more than likely have the same problem when signal is blocked by any tall structure you fly behind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl