Right band and channel, Blackpearl and avl58

Reaction score
I have a Black Pearl screen (32Channels) and the avl58 on my phantom 2 v.2.
I try to solve my bad picture quality, and are wondering how to know which band and channel I should have on my screen? And what channel my avl58 should have?
//Daniel

I have a Black Pearl screen (32Channels) and the avl58 on my phantom 2 v.2.
I try to solve my bad picture quality, and are wondering how to know which band and channel I should have on my screen? And what channel my avl58 should have?
//Daniel

You should be on band E as for which channel the one that give the best video. But having poor picture quality could be caused by how you have the antennas setup on the P2. Why not take a photo of the setup on P2 and on the black pearl and post it here so we have a better idea of what may be causing you problem.

Last edited:
You should be on band E as for which channel the one that give the best video. But having poor picture quality could be caused by how you have the antennas setup on the P2. Why not take a photo of the setup on P2 and on the black pearl and post it here so we have a better idea of what may be causing you problem.

Hi. Okej that is the band I'm on, and channel 8 on the screen. But what channel shall i have on the tx (avl58)??
Here is some pic on my Phantom:
IMG_7193.jpg IMG_7194.jpg IMG_7195.jpg

Part of the problem is in how you mounted the antenna on the TX. Mounting it pointed down would help use using a 90° elbow.
1x Adapter 90° RP.SMA male jack to RP.SMA female plug connector right angle M/F
View attachment 33779 View attachment 33780 .

Ok! I will order a elbow and point my antenna down, thanks!
(where can i get a longer cable to the TX? mine is to short to turn my TX like the way you have done on your Phantom?) And I was thinking of to get some new clover leaf antennas for my black pearl and my TX, any suggestion?
//Daniel

Ok! I will order a elbow and point my antenna down, thanks!
(where can i get a longer cable to the TX? mine is to short to turn my TX like the way you have done on your Phantom?) And I was thinking of to get some new clover leaf antennas for my black pearl and my TX, any suggestion?
//Daniel

I hard wired my TX with the cable that came with the P2. But I no longer use the AVL58 system instead I now have the immersion 600mw TX.
IMG_9144.jpg

Ok, it sounds like I need to order some things. Did you have any suggestions for antennas?

I have two sets of the cover leaf antennas that AVL58 uses on their TX/RX here is how I set up my system. I took the antennas mark with RX tag and mounted it on the immersion transmitter and the other RX on the black pearl monitor. The reason for use the RX antenna was because it was longer and the 90° elbow it is below the gimbal and camera. Now the second antenna on the monitor is a stock antenna that came with the BP. Now this setup works for me and I fly VLOS and my limits are set to 86m altitude and radius of 500 meters but I rarely fly higher then 40m and have never reached 500 meters. Do I have dropouts on the screen yes but the main purpose of the monitor is align the camera for the next shot.

Buying antennas can become very expensive never give the results you want. Hopefully is video will help you to better understand in how they work.

I have two sets of the cover leaf antennas that AVL58 uses on their TX/RX here is how I set up my system. I took the antennas mark with RX tag and mounted it on the immersion transmitter and the other RX on the black pearl monitor. The reason for use the RX antenna was because it was longer and the 90° elbow it is below the gimbal and camera. Now the second antenna on the monitor is a stock antenna that came with the BP. Now this setup works for me and I fly VLOS and my limits are set to 86m altitude and radius of 500 meters but I rarely fly higher then 40m and have never reached 500 meters. Do I have dropouts on the screen yes but the main purpose of the monitor is align the camera for the next shot.

Buying antennas can become very expensive never give the results you want. Hopefully is video will help you to better understand in how they work.

Really appreciate your help!
I will take and place my TX backward and downward 45 degrees with Gopro mount.
Will buy other cloverleaf antennas too.
I will have to make new cables to my TX and my HUB card that I have hide on the inside in the Phantom.
But to make new cables I need to get new contacts, but to get them I need to know the brand and model of the contacts.
Unfortunately, it's not so easy to get that info from Dji.
Otherwise I need to solder on them (I think its called that) the downside is that it probably will take a couple of weeks before everything is back in place, and i can fly again.

When I was using the AVL58 I bought the HUB but never used it instead I solder the wires for both the iOSD and the TX. With the immersion TX I use the plug n play cable to connect both units for a much neater setup. Besides the weight of the AVL58 at 38g is double that of the immersion TX.

When I was using the AVL58 I bought the HUB but never used it instead I solder the wires for both the iOSD and the TX. With the immersion TX I use the plug n play cable to connect both units for a much neater setup. Besides the weight of the AVL58 at 38g is double that of the immersion TX.

Guess what.. I bought a Imersson 5.8ghz 600mW TX today and antennas from Imersson.

I assume that you also have the mini iOSD mounted inside the shell. If so did you order the plug n play cable to connect both the TX and OSD? Here's a link for the cable.
http://www.amazon.com/Plug-Play-Cable-ImmersionRC-Transmitter/dp/B00LDX65OS/ref=pd_sim_21_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ESTEPHHQVNYWJCXAWR5&dpID=31xyKjgJniL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_

Yes I have it on the inside, didn't find any in Sweden so i ordered one from ebay. Will take about two weeks to get it... I could solder the wire but i think i wait for the plug and play cable. This will be very interesting to test!
I thank you for your help!

So now I have installed the Immersionrc 600mw 5.8GHz and Immersionrc circular spironet antennas (black).
Made an attachment to it so you can change the angle of the antenna, and dosent sit near the compass.
Started up everything but no picture on tape E, switched to F and received image.
Today I was test flying and I can say that I am very disappointed, the picture is not bit better than it was before.
Starts to weaken after 10-30 M then it gets worse and at 100-200 M you can say that I have no picture!
Now I have replaced everything, start thinking about selling off it all again.
Is this the way it should be? Is it that I have a HUB card, the interference card, is it my screen that makes the poor picture reception??

I have the same setup, and had the same antennas you have, one on my BP and one on my Immersion. Got tons of interference, even with the FatSharks. So I got this:

ImmersionRC SpiroNET 5.8GHz CP Patch Antenna IRL2302

It's a bit of an expensive fix, but it was worth it, my image is VERY clear now, took it out and flew a bit, and no interference at all. I'm not sure what was causing it, or why some get the interference and some don't. You might want to try pointing the antenna straight down....

I have the same setup, and had the same antennas you have, one on my BP and one on my Immersion. Got tons of interference, even with the FatSharks. So I got this:

ImmersionRC SpiroNET 5.8GHz CP Patch Antenna IRL2302

It's a bit of an expensive fix, but it was worth it, my image is VERY clear now, took it out and flew a bit, and no interference at all. I'm not sure what was causing it, or why some get the interference and some don't. You might want to try pointing the antenna straight down....

Ok, its what you say that its strange that some get the interference and some don't.. I don't know if i will try the Patch antenna or sell it all.. I think I've put enough money in to it now. Maby i take the loss and buy a Phantom 3 Professional. Need to think it over.
How far would you say you can fly with image with the Patch antenna?

Ok, its what you say that its strange that some get the interference and some don't.. I don't know if i will try the Patch antenna or sell it all.. I think I've put enough money in to it now. Maby i take the loss and buy a Phantom 3 Professional. Need to think it over.
How far would you say you can fly with image with the Patch antenna?

I've seen people say 1-2 miles (maybe 2500m, I think...). But I'm WAY to scared to fly it that far away! If you have a tripod handy, try mounting your monitor on it to separate the controller from the monitor.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl