Ribbon cable on camera

Reaction score
What circuits would stop working if u have a bad ribbon cable on camera.If u have had a bad ribbon cable in camera what stoped working.
i would like to check this before changeing camera lens and the sd card reader tx. My camera red light comes on at beginning goes off and the green lights doesnt come on. camera goes up and down , but no camera setting work or picture.tx

What circuits would stop working if u have a bad ribbon cable on camera.If u have had a bad ribbon cable in camera what stoped working.
i would like to check this before changeing camera lens and the sd card reader tx. My camera red light comes on at beginning goes off and the green lights doesnt come on. camera goes up and down , but no camera setting work or picture.tx

Good afternoon.

There's potential that EVERY function can be lost due to a bad ribbon. I repaired mine (Phantom 3 4K) a few weeks ago with a gimbal repair kit purchased from Amazon, but I messed it up after the repair (YES I SAID IT,...after the repair).
After assembly and power-on test, I got a successful 'gimbal dance', successful display on App, and tested all movements from -90 to +30 degrees. BUT, I was a little conscious that the camera was 'slightly' rubbing on the ribbon while rotating although it didn't hinder the movement, nor report any errors based on gimbal motor overload etc. So I powered off, took my screwdriver, and pushed the ribbon at its edge to get it away from the contact point. It now swung 100% freely but moments after it reverted to its former position so I did it again, then again. So it may have pushed it away about 10 times in total till I was satisfied.
When I powered back on, the gimbal dance started, then stopped and I smelled smoke so I powered off and investigated. At first I couldn't see anything wrong so I didn't know if the smoke source was inside the drone or the camera system. Then I discovered it was the ribbon and realised that I damaged it in the process of applying force to its edge.
Powered back on just for the record and there was NO response from camera system,.....not even a partial gimbal dance.

Ordered and received another ribbon yesterday. Surgery to be done maybe later this week or next week. Hope all goes well.
Damaged Ribbon.jpg

Reactions: M-A-C
Tx i am not seeing and damage on out side.Thinking it could be sd reader or ribbon bad. Found how to downgrade by pushing a button but not many talk abt that. But it tells me network not avliable

My phantom 3 standard is not transmitting a wifi signal down.airdata ap clearly show no downlink.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers