RF power measurements

Yeah doesn't matter if 300 or 658 .. if It's a B is probably messed up inside. If you get it for a song I would say take the chance.

The DBS-02 would be nice, personally I would grab the maxxrange If you don't want to use boosters.

He is right that the FCC (North America) has higher output than CE (Europe), which in my opinion means you would want the boosters more.

The maxxrange is a fantastic antenna all by itself though !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yeah doesn't matter if 300 or 658 .. if It's a B is probably messed up inside. If you get it for a song I would say take the chance.

The DBS-02 would be nice, personally I would grab the maxxrange If you don't want to use boosters.

He is right that the FCC (North America) has higher output than CE (Europe), which in my opinion means you would want the boosters more.

The maxxrange is a fantastic antenna all by itself though !

Thanks man, understood. My reservations are the same as the person who has helped me. That I'm not a fan of bulky equipment added so it would preferably be the DBS02 (with amps) if need be! I'm sure at one guess you can guess who I'm talking to ha ha. So in a nut shell you advise the maxxrange on its own without amps is best, if not then the evo lite kit plus with amps.. For clarity, the amps will help push the range here in the uk even if the dji go app is restricted? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the simplicity of just an antenna, which is why I love the maxxrange. Either one is great though!

Yes the boosters will work regardless of CE or FCC mode. It is not the DJI go app that is restricted, the firmware has automatic output switching by GPS location of the aircraft & remote.

Reactions: hotashes
Also as I know, the legs function are as follow looking at the drone from the:
BACK
Left is Rx from the RC
Right is Tx to RC (video)
FRONT
Left is Rx from the RC
Right is Tx to RC (video)

What is the right Antenna on RC you only measured the left,, Why ? ?

Is right used ?, is tx or receive , video or telemitry

It is not the DJI go app that is restricted, the firmware has automatic output switching by GPS location of the aircraft & remote.

Is there a map from DJI or anyone which shows whether the Phantom operates in CE or FCC mode? - wondering whether Australia or New Zealand are in the FCC?

Last edited:
Today, with a GL300A radio transmitter and a windsurfer, my Phantom 4 fly to 16.000 feet to range. The radio signal was still present, but I return at home for prudence.

I've never seen a C1 printed on the controller after the model. Are you saying this is printed right on the controller, or is this on the box it's shipped in?

Here's a pic of the specs..
00cb6102111609bc1677d7bab9ffe228.jpg

Here's off eBay...
a33ccb185fc17c387db8de94b089fbfa.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Today, with a GL300A radio transmitter and a windsurfer, my Phantom 4 fly to 16.000 feet to range. The radio signal was still present, but I return at home for prudence.
How high was your drone?

The Inspire controller is model GL658. There are three versions, A, B , & C, you'll see this model version printed on the back of the RC "GL658A". ANY VERSION will work better than the GL300C that comes with the P4 craft. I fly with the GL658A, as shown in my measurements. DACON uses the GL658C, which is the newest version, potentially higher output. However MaxxUAS has suggested the craft that's linked will adjust the power of the controller to a certain level, so it's unclear if the C version works any better than the A version. Be assured any Inspire controller works better than GL300C. FYI, all of the controls work the same even though the label is different on the mode switch.

One thing to realize, the Inspire controller cannot update the firmware of the P4. You need to keep the GL300C to do that.
John,

I was unable to update the Inspire controller with the P4. Where you every able to update it? I always got the message"up date available". But, it would not up date it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj