Reverse engineering DJI's TXT log format

Reaction score
FYI, I have reverse-engineered DJI’s “.txt” log file format, and have made available Open Source code for (command-line) applications that:
  1. Read a DJI “.txt” file, outputting a ‘comma-separated value’ (CSV) file (that can be input to a spreadsheet), and
  2. Read a CSV file, outputting a KML-format file (that can be read by Google Earth, to display your drone’s track).
(These two applications can be combined (piped) together, so you can generate a KML-format file directly from a DJI “.txt” file.)

You can find this (documentation plus source code) online at:
http://djilogs.live555.com/

We also have a public mailing list - "[email protected]555.com” - that people can use to discuss this software (and the “.txt” log format in general). Information about this mailing list can be found at the web site noted above.

(Note that I won’t be posting much more on this thread - so if you have any questions/comments about this software, please use our mailing list, rather than this thread.)

Ross.

1. Read a DJI “.txt” file, outputting a ‘comma-separated value’ (CSV) file (that can be input to a spreadsheet), and
  2. Read a CSV file, outputting a KML-format file (that can be read by Google Earth, to display your drone’s track).
(These two applications can be combined (piped) together, so you can generate a KML-format file directly from a DJI “.txt” file.)
These already exist.....used all the time. You are a bit late......

FYI, I have reverse-engineered DJI’s “.txt” log file format, and have made available Open Source code for (command-line) applications that:

You can find this (documentation plus source code) online at:
http://djilogs.live555.com/

We also have a public mailing list - "[email protected]555.com” - that people can use to discuss this software (and the “.txt” log format in general). Information about this mailing list can be found at the web site noted above.

(Note that I won’t be posting much more on this thread - so if you have any questions/comments about this software, please use our mailing list, rather than this thread.)

Ross.
Thanks, nice work. Really appreciate this.

Agreed, just pointing out the obvious. ;)

And something else that apparently wasn't obvious enough in my post were the words "Open Source code". There are already lots of online services out there (and at least one downloadable application) that allows you to convert DJI TXT files into CSV (and/or KML) files. None of these have made their source code available. I have.

Reactions: Mike Sha
And something else that apparently wasn't obvious enough in my post were the words "Open Source code". There are already lots of online services out there (and at least one downloadable application) that allows you to convert DJI TXT files into CSV (and/or KML) files. None of these have made their source code available. I have.
Yeah, I was just on your site admiring how much you have done with the unscrambled_payload. Again, nice work. Not everybody can understand the talent it takes to do something like this. Thanks

These already exist.....used all the time
True. But, this information is for those people who want to build their own log converter.

this information is for those people who want to build their own log converter.
I realized that after I read the link, but posted before. Sometimes it happens....:oops:

This comes a bit late but thank you for the code !!. just did some minor changes to compile it on windows and it looks like it is working good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan