Returning P2V to B&H Photo, Video & Pro Audio

Skipholiday said:
read the quote you quoted then read what you wrote. Does it make since?? No it doesn't but that's ok. I eXpected as much.
"Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do."

I think you are going in circular argument here.

I see it as it is "right" to do. And I see it as I have a "right" to do. So as far as I am concern, it is ethical.

Both buyer and seller enters the agreement in good faith.
Both buyer and seller executes the agreement in good faith.

Where do you see a deception? Or deception?

I don't get that why you think it's the "wrong thing to do" just as you don't see why I think it's the "right thing to do".

So unless we are talking about "Skipholiday" School of Ethnics, perhaps you can cite some major religion or respected philosophers on why this is "wrong".

B&H is in business for 40 years. This s not their first go at the rodeo. They've created these policy with 2 open eyes (I am sure lots more then 2 eyes with accountants, business strategist, legals in the mix). So we are not talking about someone or some organization that is naive and being "taken advantage" of.

In all of your posts above, you kept saying "it's wrong it's wrong it's wrong", but you offer no explanation or justification that it's wrong other then because you said so. How do you expect people to take you seriously? We are not your children, and therefore "because I said so" just won't cut it. You are going to have to do better then that if you want to convince people they are wrong.

you're just feeding the troll.

skipholiday is a random dude hiding behind his computer screen telling you that you're being immoral because you choose to exercise your right as a consumer.

He has never returned an item because he changed his mind, or made the wrong choice in purchasing that specific item. Everything he has ever bought, he has kept, because he's a highly ethical and law abiding man.

Just ignore him. He's getting all bent out of shape, because you have the opportunity to return your purchase and he can't.

Jealousy at it's finest.

Return your P2V and enjoy the P2V+!

Why aren't you faulting B&H for advertising a policy that's intended to attract customers just like yawnalot...who purchase from them because they value the freedom such a policy provides?

Businesses like B&H have long since discovered that terms like that are far more valuable than the costs they incur.

I agree somewhat. When I contacted BH they said it's actually the policy of DJI. I ordered the plus as soon as I seen the release but no way would I consider returning my original vision once I had flown it. eVen if I was in the 30 days if there was no defect I would keep it.
Maybe I'm a minority but so be it. If the only reason for returning a product is because you found out there was a newer version seems vEry wrong and I will not get caught up in that. Someone has to absorb the loss. It will have to be passed on to the consumer.
Same with insurance rates. people don't think well I will claim this hail damage so I can get a new roof or a new paint job. Its not the legitimate claims that hurt its the borderline fraudulent ones that convince there self its ok. then that same mentality gets carried over until eVentually its thought to be the right thing to do. Does that make sense? I'm not trying to argue just trying to make a point that I feel strongly about. I see small businesses fail daily and it bothers me. Many are just making it. I know BH is big and they do very well but thats not always the case.
OI Photography said:
Why aren't you faulting B&H for advertising a policy that's intended to attract customers just like yawnalot...who purchase from them because they value the freedom such a policy provides?

Businesses like B&H have long since discovered that terms like that are far more valuable than the costs they incur.

Skipholiday said:
I agree somewhat. When I contacted BH they said it's actually the policy of DJI. I ordered the plus as soon as I seen the release but no way would I consider returning my original vision once I had flown it. eVen if I was in the 30 days if there was no defect I would keep it.
Maybe I'm a minority but so be it. If the only reason for returning a product is because you found out there was a newer version seems vEry wrong and I will not get caught up in that. Someone has to absorb the loss. It will have to be passed on to the consumer.
Same with insurance rates. people don't think well I will claim this hail damage so I can get a new roof or a new paint job. Its not the legitimate claims that hurt its the borderline fraudulent ones that convince there self its ok. then that same mentality gets carried over until eVentually its thought to be the right thing to do. Does that make sense? I'm not trying to argue just trying to make a point that I feel strongly about. I see small businesses fail daily and it bothers me. Many are just making it. I know BH is big and they do very well but thats not always the case.
OI Photography said:

Any small businesses who can't afford the expense of a liberal return policy like that shouldn't have one, and if they clearly state that fact then nobody who chooses to purchase from them anyway will have any claim in this type of situation.

-Retailers (like B&H) advertise this type policy as part of the value of buying from them.

-Consumers choose to buy from them, often at least in part due to that policy.

-Those who don't value such a policy (or object to them) have the freedom to purchase elsewhere.

Where is the moral/social decay in that?

I'm about done with this topic but I have read many of your post here and in the f550 forum and have sort of intrawebz respect for what you have to say, 1st I said nothing about moral decay. I said morals in general and ethics in general.
When you purchase something in good faith and use it and it functions as advertised imho it's yours unless it fails within the return period.
Simply returning for no reason other than to get the next best is wrong again imho.
I'm almost 60 years old, retired Army and will not bend to popular belief, I may look at things differently than most who purchase this type craft.
Thank you for your insight I appreciate it.
I was eXpecting to be called some name again by some of the more intelligent posters. And no matter how anyone thinks my opinion is that 'MINE' and it will not change. .
OI Photography said:
Skipholiday said:
OI Photography said:

Any small businesses who can't afford the expense of a liberal return policy like that shouldn't have one, and if they clearly state that fact then nobody who chooses to purchase from them anyway will have any claim in this type of situation.

-Retailers (like B&H) advertise this type policy as part of the value of buying from them.

-Consumers choose to buy from them, often at least in part due to that policy.

-Those who don't value such a policy (or object to them) have the freedom to purchase elsewhere.

Where is the moral/social decay in that?

Skipholiday said:
When you purchase something in good faith and use it and it functions as advertised imho it's yours unless it fails within the return period.
Simply returning for no reason other than to get the next best is wrong again imho.

I would (and do) agree with that...if the purchaser tries to return it via warranty, under the (false) guise of a failure or defect. However, when the seller explicitly states they do allow returns outside the scope of a warranty like that, a buyer who exercises those rights well within the published terms that drove their purchase in the first place can't really be faulted for milking the system. IMHO.

Jason R.
Jason R. (DJI Technology)

Mar 28 16:58

Dear Mark,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technology.

Currently I have not heard any plans to release a different gimbal for the Phantom 2 Vision. While that doesn't mean they may not put something out in the distant future. At this time there is no plans to release a new gimbal for the Phantom 2 Vision.

We hope you have found this information helpful.

Thank you for flying with DJI Technology.

Jason R.
DJI Technology Customer Service

This e-mail prompted me to purchase the Phantom 2 Vision last week and get on the waiting list with Rotorpixil. Imagine how I felt 10 days later when they released the Phantom 2 Vision Plus.......so ,yeah , it goes back to B & H guilt free.

Skipholiday said:
Same with insurance rates. people don't think well I will claim this hail damage so I can get a new roof or a new paint job. Its not the legitimate claims that hurt its the borderline fraudulent ones that convince there self its ok.

I assume you are saying my action constitute borderline fraud. Fraud, as I understand it, is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.

So, if I may ask:

Where's the deception in my practice?

Where's the unfairness?

Where's the unlawful gain?

The retailer advertise this as the reason to shop with them. 10,000 shops all sell sell Phantom 2 Vision for $1199. Why should I buy from B&H and not from one of those any other one?

So why shop at B&H? This is why

And if they turn around and not honor that, THAT would be fraud (or so call bait and switch).

If this is such an issue, perhaps you should call B&H and tell them they should switch to "All Sales are Final" policy. And the consumer will react and select accordingly. B&H use that to their advantage to gain customer (ie. taking away customer from OTHER shop that DOES NOT offer that policy). They gain a business advantage doing so (think Amazon, Costco, B&H, Zappo, etc).

You are free to believe whatever it is that has your moral compass, but thus far I have no idea what that compass is. And you have yet to cite a religious doctrine or well known philosopher that could reference either. So in summary, you are imposing your own particular brand of moral value and expecting someone else to follow it.

If you find B&H return policy objectionable, then you should take your business else where. I like their return policy, and therefore they get my business.

Here's one who's return policy might be more to your liking:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item338b295d10

Attachments

• BH.jpg
    BH.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 318

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj