Returning P2V to B&H Photo, Video & Pro Audio

Reaction score
Has anyone deal with B&H Photo, Video & Pro Audio on their return?

I bought the P2V fro B&H on March 18. I am thinking of returning the P2V and get a P2V+ instead.

B&H return policy is here. Except for a set of damaged prop which I presume I can order another set to replace, I think I meet the conditions.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCe ... change.jsp

Has anyone dealt with B&H on return before?

I returned mine today. I had most of the packing , but not the box for the charger and some little bags.
I told them that I wasn't happy with the camera and wifi range I was getting.
How can they expect you to keep every little bag or box ? I bought to fly not return. Luckily I had my battery box or they wouldn't taken the battery back.
I think the only box missing was the charger box. And I had opened the props, like I said who saves those bags ?

I returned a P2V with a bad rt frt motor and that ESC was going as well to B&H last week. I called them Monday they immediately sent a pre paid label. I repacked it to original as I had everything because I tend to be a pack rat for original packaging of camera gear and I keep my receipt and paperwork in them. I got a phone cal Wed as to what was wrong with the P2V and I explained it while the person had it open and running on the table in front of him. He stated immediately that a new one would be sent out right away. UPS delivered it on Friday. Excellent customer service as I have grown to expect from dealing with them for the past 20 years though this was my first return with something I bought from them.

Returning something because you want something else I do not know how that will go though I see people on photo forum doing this all the time with new product introductions which I really do not think is right. But I have not heard of any complaints....... I know I could because my original 30 days is not up yet but I won't for personal reasons. But if this unit has a mechanical issue again I will certainly exchange it for another. Product should last more than 2 battery cycles.

JimDE said:
Returning something because you want something else I do not know how that will go though I see people on photo forum doing this all the time with new product introductions which I really do not think is right. But I have not heard of any complaints....... I know I could because my original 30 days is not up yet but I won't for personal reasons. But if this unit has a mechanical issue again I will certainly exchange it for another. Product should last more than 2 battery cycles.

I called and got an RMA number. I told B&H I want either an exchange (for P2V+) or refund. They were not sure when they'll get the P2V+ in stock. So I opted for refund.

Per the return policy from B&H:

I think it would be suffice to say that I do not like how the video is too shaky when craft is going side way, so wanted to exchange for the P2V+ with a 3 way gambol. On my RMA it just says "change of mind / ordered wrong".

Seems like that's fits under "for whatever reason" criteria for return.

Attachments

• return.jpg
    return.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,269
if you guys are returning because you want the plus model that is wrong and violates human ethics if not some type applicable law. I would be ashamed. Its not the manufacturers fault you're a child in a grownups body. if you have children 'what type message does this send'?
The practice of making new products is simple business and all manufacturers that plan to stay in business must do it to survive.

Sending back your product to get the next better model is one reason products cost so much.

Shame on you.

Personally I will call BH photo and make them aware of this. this hurts businesses. Don't act like children please. thats horrible

Woah, I'm not sure what gave you the impression that returning a product because you want another model instead violates "human ethics" but you certainly need to get off that high high horse, before you fall off and get hurt.

Returning a purchase because you want another model or make is well within our rights as a customer to do. There is nothing ethically or legally wrong with it.

Please don't act as though you are so ethically high and mighty. I can say with certainty that you have done the very same thing in your vast lifetime and will probably do again before you leave this world.

As for you calling and letting B&H know what is going on, please go right ahead. Call them and tell them what they already know. At least you'll be wasting only your own time.

I can't believe how much fail in your post, it gives me no hope for human kind.

Skipholiday said:
if you guys are returning because you want the plus model that is wrong and violates human ethics if not some type applicable law. I would be ashamed. Its not the manufacturers fault you're a child in a grownups body. if you have children 'what type message does this send'?
The practice of making new products is simple business and all manufacturers that plan to stay in business must do it to survive.

Sending back your product to get the next better model is one reason products cost so much.

Shame on you.

Personally I will call BH photo and make them aware of this. this hurts businesses. Don't act like children please. thats horrible

I think they already are aware. See post #1 from me and post #2 respond above.

And I've told them exactly why I wanted to exchange. :)

I think i WILL return it just because I am told I can't do it. You know for the principal of it and exercising my RIGHT.

It's lucky that I don't care what you think. :) See attached image below. :)

Attachments

• Return.jpg
    Return.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 903
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 917
Personally I think its wrong, since nothing was wrong with the product you purchased.

And I did call BHphoto and they said as long as it's within the 30 day return period they will accept.

But think about it for a second. Step out of your child suit and into the business suit!

If you were the seller, and someone returned something you sold them NEW (its not new anymore) now they have a used product they must sell at a lower cost but you were refunded full cost. Who do you think absorbs the loss?

Now you purchase the new model. Is that adult behaviour? I don't think so. Well not any adults I know.

Society is going backwards. You are the same people that lie on your taxes, fake insurance claims etc.. shame

Skipholiday said:
Personally I think its wrong, since nothing was wrong with the product you purchased.

Don't care about what you think.

Skipholiday said:
Society is going backwards. You are the same people that lie on your taxes, fake insurance claims etc.. shame

I didn't lied. I told B&H exactly why I wanted to exchange. Lie on taxes and fake insurance claims involves deception. There's no deception involved here. It said so on my RMA (see above image), I've stated on post #1 and respond to by B&H on post #2.

So where's the deception / lie / fake reason?? Can you show me?

Putting on my business suit as you suggested: I am exercising a fairly simple contractual agreement on a business transaction. When I purchased the item, it was in the contract of that purchase agreement that I am entitle to return within 30 days for whatever reason as long as the conditions are met. And as I have met all the conditions of the return without any deception, this is a "fair and square" business deal. The return reason on my RMA says "Changed Mind".

Call Harvard Business Review and see if they will comment on it.

Perfect. that doesn't make it morally correct. And that's ok as well.

I would not do it. I have ethics and I believe in setting a positive eXample for my children. Altho its not legally wrong, it is ethically/morally wrong.
It bothers me to see adults behave this way,
And it' will come back to haunt you.

If it didn't bother you, you would not be so upset about my post.'

So it's all good and my point was made.

When you grow up maybe you will understand. You are part of the problem!
yawnalot29 said:
Skipholiday said:

Shame on you.

I think they already are aware. See post #1 from me and post #2 respond above.

And I've told them exactly why I wanted to exchange. :)

I think i WILL return it just because I am told I can't do it. You know for the principal of it and exercising my RIGHT.

It's lucky that I don't care what you think. :) See attached image below. :)

He probably voted for Obama too! LMAO!!!! This thread is getting good. :lol:

And these are the days of our lives...

Skipholiday said:
I would not do it. I have ethics and I believe in setting a positive eXample for my children. Altho its not legally wrong, it is ethically/morally wrong.

Says you. You have your moral value and I am not obligated to live by it anymore then I am obligated to live by Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Mormon, or Muslim moral doctrine.

As I understand it, polygamy is morally justified in certain religious doctrine, but it isn't legal. I wouldn't do it even if it morally and ethically acceptable, but it is legally wrong (here in USA. Maybe it's OK in TN).

Skipholiday said:
It bothers me to see adults behave this way,

We live in a free society. So deal with it. People who gets on soap box and tells others how to live a moral live others how to live a moral live bothers me. As if their moral value is so much more superior then others. Same advise for me: Deal with it.

Skipholiday said:
And it' will come back to haunt you.

I obey the law. So I hope others will too. :) Is that what you mean? If so, I hope so.

Skipholiday said:
If it didn't bother you, you would not be so upset about my post.'

So it's all good and my point was made.

I enjoy debate as I am sure you do too. What bothers me, as stated above, that others thinks they have the moral high ground. As if their moral view point is the only one that's valid.

You are fully within your rights as a consumer to return a product to a vendor if the vendor has a return policy that you fit within. There are no ethics involved. If I buy a product that I am not satisfied with, for a reason that they are ok with, and I can satisfy their return params, 30 days or less, original packaging (within reason on both ends), it's all good.

BlackTracer said:
You are fully within your rights as a consumer to return a product to a vendor if the vendor has a return policy that you fit within. There are no ethics involved. If I buy a product that I am not satisfied with, for a reason that they are ok with, and I can satisfy their return params, 30 days or less, original packaging (within reason on both ends), it's all good.
ha see there you eVen said it. "that you are not satisfied with" being satisfied never entered the equation.
They are returning for another reason which is within the policy to be ok but still ethically wrong because the product is eXactly as described in the ad that they purchased from. It's all good tho. These are the same people that will have issues there entire life fulfilling other needs.
I'm old and retired I have seen this type behaviour before. Sad it was once only children that eXhibited this type greed, now it's taken its toll to adults.

Probably bad home training. WHo knows. all I can say is what I've said. And thats enough to make them think.

gfredrone said:
He probably voted for Obama too! LMAO!!!! This thread is getting good. :lol:

And these are the days of our lives...
they said Carter was the worst president eVer. I must disagree. I would proudly take Carter back oVer this idiot we have in office now.
Carter's main problem was he wanted to make everyone happy o and he gave way the Panama canal..
Obama wants to drive us into poverty while filling his pockets and bypassing our constitution.

But this too will end. greed always brings down those that suffer from its wrath.

JimDE said:
I returned a P2V with a bad rt frt motor and that ESC was going as well to B&H last week. I called them Monday they immediately sent a pre paid label. I repacked it to original as I had everything because I tend to be a pack rat for original packaging of camera gear and I keep my receipt and paperwork in them. I got a phone cal Wed as to what was wrong with the P2V and I explained it while the person had it open and running on the table in front of him. He stated immediately that a new one would be sent out right away. UPS delivered it on Friday. Excellent customer service as I have grown to expect from dealing with them for the past 20 years though this was my first return with something I bought from them.

why some think its perfectly ok to return something when there is absolutely nothing wrong with it is beyond me. If it's defective I understand. but returning just because you desire something else is wrong and sign of a weak sad greedy individual imho. If eVeryone did this it would put many small businesses out of business.

Skipholiday said:
why some think its perfectly ok to return something when there is absolutely nothing wrong with it is beyond me. If it's defective I understand. but returning just because you desire something else is wrong and sign of a weak sad greedy individual imho. If eVeryone did this it would put many small businesses out of business.

I think you should write B&H and inform them that their return policy is leading others to act and lie their lives immorally.

In what way is this unethical or immoral? Perhaps you should spell it out. :)

mor·al
ˈmôrəl,ˈmär-/Submit
adjective
concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character.

eth·i·cal
ˈeTHikəl/Submit
adjective
of or relating to moral principles or the branch of knowledge dealing with these.

read the quote you quoted then read what you wrote. Does it make since?? No it doesn't but that's ok. I eXpected as much.
"Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do."
yawnalot29 said:
Skipholiday said:

I think you should write B&H and inform them that their return policy is leading others to act and lie their lives immorally.

In what way is this unethical or immoral? Perhaps you should spell it out. :)

mor·al
ˈmôrəl,ˈmär-/Submit
adjective
concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character.

eth·i·cal
ˈeTHikəl/Submit
adjective
of or relating to moral principles or the branch of knowledge dealing with these.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik