Good News: B&H accepts DJI Phantom 4 Pro version 2.0 preorder today

Dammit, just when I'd decided to sell off a heap of equipment to by a new Mavic, they hit us with another choice. Now I'm going to have to wait for a comparison video.

Apparently not. It’s only there to connect to the Racing Edition Goggles.
If u think its just there for the goggles you are crazy.. ocusync has been the best transmission for many people including me I can be out super far away and be 30 ft in the air without any hiccups yes it is for the goggles but I guarantee it is this way moving forward. It will probably be in phantom 5. Ocusync beats the lightbridge 1.5 that p4p v1 has hands down

If u think its just there for the goggles you are crazy.. ocusync has been the best transmission for many people including me I can be out super far away and be 30 ft in the air without any hiccups yes it is for the goggles but I guarantee it is this way moving forward. It will probably be in phantom 5. Ocusync beats the lightbridge 1.5 that p4p v1 has hands down

I disagree. My P4P in 5.8 b at out Occusync in the Mavic hands down. Range tests done with others showed the same thing. Let’s ask those who have received it to compare, but I suspect the only benefit being to connect wirelessly to the Racing Goggles (not regular Goggles).

As others have commented a rather unimpressive update, really nothing for most users. The Occusync/LightBridge comparison has been beaten to death and the summation of it all is that there really isn't all that much difference between them, save for the Occusync integration/optimization for the Goggles and if you are a Goggles lover then that would be the only real draw. Quieter is certainly better but that improvement can easily be retrofitted with a set of new props.

One item that has not yet been tested AFAIK is whether with the P4P 2.0 you still have the option of modifying the firmware to eliminate height and georestriction limitations (no flames please, I'm not advocating this for the typical user, but there are some situations where it is necessary.) My guess is that any possibility of unlocking has now been removed in hardware with the 2.0, something to consider if you are one who needs this capability for specific work.

As others have commented a rather unimpressive update, really nothing for most users. The Occusync/LightBridge comparison has been beaten to death and the summation of it all is that there really isn't all that much difference between them, save for the Occusync integration/optimization for the Goggles and if you are a Goggles lover then that would be the only real draw. Quieter is certainly better but that improvement can easily be retrofitted with a set of new props.

One item that has not yet been tested AFAIK is whether the P4P 2.0 is whether you still have the option of modifying the firmware to eliminate height and georestriction limitations (I'm not advocating this for the typical user, but there are some situations where it is necessary.) My guess is that any possibility of unlocking has now been removed in hardware with the 2.0, something to consider if you are one who needs this capability for specific work.

Excellent points and I’m inclined to agree completely. As I said, Occusync will only benefit those who want to use the Racing Goggles. And yes, I bet this bird is locked down completely and can’t be freed. I wonder what the firmware is on it?

I disagree. My P4P in 5.8 b at out Occusync in the Mavic hands down. Range tests done with others showed the same thing. Let’s ask those who have received it to compare, but I suspect the only benefit being to connect wirelessly to the Racing Goggles (not regular Goggles).
I agree my p4p v1 is great in 5.8 hangs with my mavic pro...also guarantee u are not as low as mavic far out....and now p4p v2 gets a 5.8 band...big deal here

I agree my p4p v1 is great in 5.8 hangs with my mavic pro...also guarantee u are not as low as mavic far out....and now p4p v2 gets a 5.8 band...big deal here

Not so sure about that. I’ve asked a couple people to test it and see, but from what I’m hearing there is virtually no difference.

One item that has not yet been tested AFAIK is whether with the P4P 2.0 you still have the option of modifying the firmware to eliminate height and georestriction limitations (no flames please, I'm not advocating this for the typical user, but there are some situations where it is necessary.) My guess is that any possibility of unlocking has now been removed in hardware with the 2.0, something to consider if you are one who needs this capability for specific work.
Dont really care for height or nfz unlocking sport + mode is hackable in any fw tho even my mavic air I am able to change vel_up and downl params ....so im sure v2 will be the same...i will have a little review on it tonight for my channel....and for the peoole that really think lightbridge 1.5 is better then ocusync get over yourselves....the mavic only had the 2.4 band so yes the p4p v1 had 2 seperate bands and 5.8 was quite good....but it had the advantage with 2 bands. And even most times i could go out farther on distance runs with my mav pro on 2.4! Now we get dual band ocusync . .its game over. Yea just for racing goggles.....sureeee....u dont think dji is going towards ocusync in most ac now? I do!

Last edited:
Not so sure about that. I’ve asked a couple people to test it and see, but from what I’m hearing there is virtually no difference.
Dude i have both ac what are u talking about. Do u? Now my p4pv1 is gone going to pickup p4p v2 today....trust me i do distance runs all the time....ocusync low and far...lightbridge 1.5 high and far....meaning ocusync u can be very low and still have great signal and distance....lightbridge 1.5 u need to keep going up as u go out to keep signal

Its here!

Attachments

• 20180514_152612.jpg
    20180514_152612.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 198

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member