Good News: B&H accepts DJI Phantom 4 Pro version 2.0 preorder today

Ocusync so you can use the DJI Goggles, Low Noise Props, New ESC's... Not a big change IMHO.
So, not big enough change to spend the extra $400 right now when I can pick up the P4P this afternoon for $999 ($1105 w/ tax) ?

Goggles I could care less about. But better performance, more flight time, better obstacle avoidance? That I would pay for. If its measurably better....
I have to decide TODAY..... or let the one at Microcenter go & order from DJI.

Electronic Speed Controllers, makes flight more efficient, adds a couple minutes extra flight time.
So - if it were you - able to get the P4P-v1 for $1100 or order the v2 for $1499 - what would you do?

Good news!

B&H Photo Video accepts preorder of DJI Phantom 4 Pro version 2.0 today.

Starndard version for 1499 dollars
Plus version for 1799 dollars

DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Version 2.0 Quadcopter
B&H # DJP4PP20NA MFR # CP.PT.00000234.01

• 1" 20MP CMOS Sensor
  • Gimbal-Stabilized 4K60 / 20MP Imaging
  • Ocusync Transmission
  • Reduced Propeller Noise
  • FlightAutonomy with Redundant Sensors
  • Four Directions of Obstacle Avoidance
  • Top Speed of 45 mph in Sport Mode
  • Maximum Control Range of 4.3 Miles
  • Up to 30 Minutes Flying Time
  • Remote Controller with 1080p Display

DJI Phantom 4 Pro Version 2.0 Quadcopter
B&H # DJP4P20NA MFR # CP.PT.00000244.01

• 1" 20MP CMOS Sensor
  • Gimbal-Stabilized 4K60 / 20MP Imaging
  • Ocusync Transmission
  • FlightAutonomy with Redundant Sensors
  • Four Directions of Obstacle Avoidance
  • Top Speed of 45 mph in Sport Mode
  • Maximum Control Range of 4.3 Miles
  • Visual Tracking of Moving Subject
  • Up to 30 Minutes Flying Time
  • Remote Controller Included
So it seems there are no new functions. Just maybe doing the same functions a bit better. Did anyone get a different impression?

Been wrestling with this all day. Normally I would just take the P4P on sale and be really happy with the saved money.
I often buy into a system after it's been out a while and tested & -proven. But halfway through it's tech life.

This time I decided to go with the new tech. Can't be sure if it's really worth it, but it has new motors and the Occusync connectivity.
The upgrades aren't earth shattering, but with the quieter motors & props and the Occusync - if it does what they say, is enough to tip the scale.
I fly a lot in urban areas - Chicago and other big cities - and if this is any improvement in battling interference than the Lightbridge Wi-Fi, that alone will be worth it.

I see this as getting in on a new piece of tech - but not so new as to be a risk - extending the usable life of my purchase before I feel i HAVE to upgrade. Like I've done now.
I'll let you all know.
At any rate I'm upgrading from my P3P's and this will be a HUGE improvement no matter what.

So I see a few people said the new obstacle avoidance is better on the p4p be 2.0, in my research it is exactly the same as the p4p correct? They both can see up to 30m 98ft

singer- where do they actually ship from if I buy direct from DJI?
China - or do they have a North America hub?
DJI ships orders to the US from China, the west coast (CA), and the east coast (GA). Those are the only places I've ever received shipments from I'm not sure how they decide which warehouse will handle the shipping.

my one hesitation with buying direct - as opposed to Amazon or B&H is what if theres a problem & I want to exchange it?
Amazon if fantastic on returns. No fuss, no muss.
That's a valid point. Amazon definitely has the easiest return process if you buy a drone that is shipped by Amazon. I buy most of my drones from the DJI Store. I haven't had to return any yet, so I'm not sure how what's involved.

Well - I'm taking a chance - hoping a return won't be necessary.....

So - if it were you - able to get the P4P-v1 for $1100 or order the v2 for $1499 - what would you do?
The actual differences are in Q1 of the FAQ here: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
For most users it's probably like the difference between buying last year's car model or this year's which is exactly the same with a different grille and sound system.
You still get the same camera which is the most important feature, the same performance and there are some minor tweaks that won't make much difference to most users.

Reactions: gppms
the same performance and there are some minor tweaks that won't make much difference to most users.
I agree Meta. For me, nothing to see here.

B&H is sweet. have you ever been in the actual store? if not put it on your bucket list!
I went to the store one time. It was many years ago when I was there is NYC for the marathon. I didn't want to leave.

Reactions: JoBe
The actual differences are in Q1 of the FAQ here: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
For most users it's probably like the difference between buying last year's car model or this year's which is exactly the same with a different grille and sound system.
You still get the same camera which is the most important feature, the same performance and there are some minor tweaks that won't make much difference to most users.
So do you not think the Occusync will give any better communication over the current v1 model?

B&H is sweet. have you ever been in the actual store? if not put it on your bucket list!

The problem I have with B&H for UAVs is that they have a third party (Gradus) do support. Thus, you have to go through another level of emails / phones to figure out what is going on. I've used them twice, the first time for a failed P3, the second recently for a wonky Crystal Sky monitor. Both time Gradus did reply and follow up but it required quite a bit of prodding.

This is in comparison to B&H's in house support for cameras which has been fast, pleasant and very organized.

Gradus isn't bad, it's just a whole level beneath B&H internal support. And given that any DJI product may well end up getting replaced or repaired, it's a concern. Unfortunately, I'm still looking for a better arrangement. Buying it from Amazon will get you the hassle free 30 day replacement / return but not much else.

Of course, buying direct from DJI only gets you a 7 day return window and a hassle, so I don't go there.

But yes, the store is simply amazing. Glad I don't live in NYC (for a variety of reasons).

Reactions: Paul2660
7 Day return window.
Crap. I better test it the minute it arrives!
I'm used to Amazon.....

BTW. Occusync is NOT just about compatibility with goggles. It is an entire new lower latency wireless protocol that allows 1080p/30fps live video and allows additional video displays to tap into the same feed. It is the replacement for Lightbridge. I have a P3A and I decided to take the jump to get the P4P v2.0. I have my tracking number from DJI and it will be here on Tuesday. That being said, if you have a P4P v1.0, I would still wait for the P5.

Reactions: $gambino$
BTW. Occusync is NOT just about compatibility with goggles. It is an entire new lower latency wireless protocol that allows 1080p/30fps live video and allows additional video displays to tap into the same feed. It is the replacement for Lightbridge. I have a P3A and I decided to take the jump to get the P4P v2.0. I have my tracking number from DJI and it will be here on Tuesday. That being said, if you have a P4P v1.0, I would still wait for the P5.
If it doesn’t offer a more resilient signal in interference-prone areas, then who gives a **** about slightly lower latency? Is anyone complaining about the latency of their P4Pro? It isn’t a racing drone. Frankly, the dual bands of the original P4P made for better transmission then the single band 2.4GHz “Occusync” used in the Mavic.

So unless it actually has BETTER and more SOLID long distance transmission than the original P4Pro- it is a stupid purchase if you don’t use the DJI goggles. Many people don’t want to use the DJI Goggles because they don’t want to look like a total tool wearing them.

DJI has said nothing about “better” transmission, only that it can now connect to their Racing Goggles wirelessly. And in fact, looking at their tech specs, the transmitter has slightly decreased 5.8Ghz power compared to the prior P4Pro, with the 2.4GHz output identical.

Yea im just excited because mavic's ocusync was great for distance and now we get the dual band support for p4p...so if 5.8 is slightly lower then what it was on lightbridge i bet it still kicks butt. I could hover super low with mavic and be a mile out...not the case with p4p in 2.4/5.8...and that was with the noisy 2.4 with mavic....i can only imagine how great the less noisy 5.8 os will be with p4p v2.....basically ocusync spanks lightbridge 1.5 on p4p....i think if u already have p4p v1 not worth upgrading...but i was still in return period so i swapped for v2...ocusync is the future if u havent already noticed... lets not be in denial now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl