Return to home mode

dirtclod said:
The only fact I have seen here is how rude and juvenile you are !

If you are being truthful (as opposed to your typically false pansy posts {see above}) then you are unable to understand what a fact is.

Regardless, I'll continue to pity you and hope that you are able to work through the immense challenges that you continuously struggle with.

dirtclod said:
:lol: Cool ! Pity me all you want if it helps ya ;)

"helps me"?

Again, you're really confused.

Your posts wherein you struggle with the truth, posts that result in really weak childish responses that are unsupported by any facts do make me laugh though.

houstonpilot said:
there are two valid conclusions here: Let's all be polite, and there's no excuse for not reading the manual when operating a tool that can easily cause death if falling on a person from great height, or interfering with fast-flowing traffic.

Exactly... This has been my position the whole time. It's perfectly fine to refer someone to the manual.... Just be polite about it.

Well said.

Same rules we had with heli's which actually could decapitate someone. The polite part isn't political correctness... It's common courtesy... Something that's needed to develop any community.

Where in heck are the moderators that should have taken care of this many, many pages ago? :?:

Awe, come on, don't quit now. :lol:

This is like watching "Airplane - the movie, part 64". :lol:

Does anyone know what the thread is about, without going back to page 1 or 2?

hemorrhagic flyer said:
Buckaye said:
I guess I liken the rude replies to the behavior that really annoys me in some hobby shops... You go in to get a part and the guy looks down his nose at you and says "why would you buy that piece of crap?!?"

Here's an idea... Just say "hey.. I'm not sure you were aware of this better option over here"

I feel like it's even worse on a forum because the snarky response seems to indicate you HAVE to spend your precious time answering a question you feel is beneath you. Well.. You don't.

So someone asks a basic question? What's wrong with politely pointing them to the manual while reinforcing the helpfulness of a hobby forum?

Righteous indignation in answering a simple question simply comes off as douchebaggery to me. Just my opinion I suppose.

1. You have a self-professed inferiority complex based upon your treatment by nerds working in hobby shops. That speaks volumes about your funny replies in this thread.

2. You are jumping to many conclusions (righteous indignation, folks feel they are wasting time, questions are beneath them, etc.) and then responding to what your imagination has cooked up. That's disingenuous, at best. Still funny though.

For someone who proclaims that that "this is just a hobby forum" you certainly seemed to be really worked up.

I'll say it again.....wow

I am dyslexic and find manuals a nightmare, but I feel that doesn't make me a thicko. I have had several goes at the manual and some of it I get, but the forum and YouTube have been much more help to keep me out of trouble and have about ten flights now without incidents that have ended in tears.. I know I have a long way to go to make a competent pilot and find straight forward answers to questions more helpful than having to read through twenty un-associated nonsense. I may be a newbie, but can I encourage people that I annoy with my questions to give me a wide berth as it saves a lot of time and confusion.

Milly said:
I am dyslexic and find manuals a nightmare, but I feel that doesn't make me a thicko. I have had several goes at the manual and some of it I get, but the forum and YouTube have been much more help to keep me out of trouble and have about ten flights now without incidents that have ended in tears.. I know I have a long way to go to make a competent pilot and find straight forward answers to questions more helpful than having to read through twenty un-associated nonsense. I may be a newbie, but can I encourage people that I annoy with my questions to give me a wide berth as it saves a lot of time and confusion.
Welcome to the forum. I have read, re read & the Manuel is still confusing. I have gotten way more from you tube & this forum than the manual. I think Great Pumpkin has a link for a drop box to the Phantom Vision summary guide. I think if you download that, it will be way more helpful than the manual. It has all the topics & links to info & videos pertaining to those topics. I think he is on page 2 of this thread. Happy New Year & welcome again.

The manual is poor and was clearly not written by a technical author IMV. The reason some people find it OK is that they read information which they have already worked out for themselves or from other sources, it authenticates it. It lacks structure, it lacks clarity, it lacks sequence.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik