Return to home mode

Reaction score
Is it possible to cancel the return to home mode once you have switched the controller off and on again. I lost sight of my vision 2 and then switched it off. It came back and landed in a tree. Nothing broke but it fell hard. I would have liked to take control once I saw the copter but did not know how. Thanks.

Bertie Brits said:
Is it possible to cancel the return to home mode once you have switched the controller off and on again. I lost sight of my vision 2 and then switched it off. It came back and landed in a tree. Nothing broke but it fell hard. I would have liked to take control once I saw the copter but did not know how. Thanks.

Why haven't you read the manual?

Page 34 http://download.dji-innovations.com/dow ... 1.6_en.pdf

Bertie Brits said:

You took that well :) I'm not a huge fan of people assuming you haven't read the manual and being snarky about it.

It's easy to miss stuff in that manual even if you read it a couple of times. Anyway, glad you found your answer.

I'm with you Buckaye. No real reason to be rude. I found my manual hard to read. I have never read it completely because of this. Between this forum and youtube I have been flying well for eight months.

So the fact that in the first 3 pages it tells you where to look? Lazy or dumb people are going to ruin this hobby for everyone. The number of new posts with people that should be flying blade Nanos and not phantoms since the big day is silly. Having a question about something you don't understand in the manual is 1 thing but there really should be an exam to buy 1 of these.

Buckaye said:
It's easy to miss stuff in that manual even if you read it a couple of times. Anyway, glad you found your answer.

If you've read the manual a couple of times and don't know how to recover from failsafe then you have serious reading comprehension/memory issues.

It's right there in the table of contents - you don't even have to get "confused" by reading the whole manual.

The simple fact is that many folks are too lazy/irresponsible to even make an effort to understand their toy before flying it.

Attachments

• duh.PNG
    duh.PNG
    12.5 KB · Views: 825
Buckaye said:
Bertie Brits said:

You took that well :) I'm not a huge fan of people assuming you haven't read the manual and being snarky about it.

Agreed. No need to be mean...

And ... Truth be told... The manual is ridiculously bad.

That's true. Yank it out of the box, charge it up and TRY to fly. Crash it, blame DJI. BUT, I am a little sick of the soapbox posts too.

if all the answers are in the manual, what have we even got a forum for?

pjginfl said:
And ... Truth be told... The manual is ridiculously bad.
It's a lot better than the manuals from other RTF drones. But it does need some improvement. Anyone want to contribute to a user-generated Wiki?

hemorrhagic flyer said:
Buckaye said:

If you've read the manual a couple of times and don't know how to recover from failsafe then you have serious reading comprehension/memory issues.

It's right there in the table of contents - you don't even have to get "confused" by reading the whole manual.

The simple fact is that many folks are too lazy/irresponsible to even make an effort to understand their toy before flying it.

Clearly you're right dude. I'm just saying its a hobby... Not brain surgery... So you probably could have just said "the manual has your answer on page 34". You don't have to assume he didn't read the manual at all.

Truth is... We all started somewhere... And most of us (clearly not you) have done dumb things, or asked a silly question. Just don't know why some people immediately jump down people's throats in a forum for a friggen hobby.

Good god..if it is such a waste of your time dealing with "noobs" why even bother responding? The only reason I can think of is you kind of get off on being superior.

I wonder if you'd react the same way if you asked in person instead of behind a screen name and an IP address.

Buckaye said:
Clearly you're right dude. I'm just saying its a hobby... Not brain surgery... So you probably could have just said "the manual has your answer on page 34". You don't have to assume he didn't read the manual at all.

Truth is... We all started somewhere... And most of us (clearly not you) have done dumb things, or asked a silly question. Just don't know why some people immediately jump down people's throats in a forum for a friggen hobby.

Good god..if it is such a waste of your time dealing with "noobs" why even bother responding? The only reason I can think of is you kind of get off on being superior.

I wonder if you'd react the same way if you asked in person instead of behind a screen name and an IP address.

Deep breaths. In. And out. Calm...It's going to be okay.

Feel better now?

So the "member since yesterday" is the king here.... Yeah... Welcome to this friendly community.

Buckaye said:
So the "member since yesterday" is the king here.... Yeah... Welcome to this friendly community.

Apparently more deep breaths are needed. Good luck with that.

(not the king, nor did I ever claim to be - that's just you still being upset. Deep breaths!)

We do have the forum for to show our footage... :)

but, i learned that i Always have to search for a place with no trees within 20 meters, before i takeoff.
Because the GPS is not so accurate that it will land your bird in exacly the same place you have takeoff.

I am among those who grumble about the kind of newbie questions that indicate they haven't read the manual but are just looking for free answers. But I am also among those who grumble about the inadequacies of the DJI manual. So whenever possible, I recommend Fantomas' "rewrite" of the manual, because a lot of time, effort, and Phantompilot forum members' input has gone into it. Not familiar with it? It is not a translation but is written in plain English, and it has a table of contents. Here is the URL, have a look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mce ... e.pdf?dl=0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers