Return to Home Issue

Reaction score
I'm still beginner and am in a testing phase. I took off and flew away around 50 meters from the starting point (home) at around 10 meters of elevation and hit the RTH button. RTH was initiated. My P4 raised up to 20 meters (this elevation was configured for RTH) and landed in the ground point directly below the position from where the RHT was initiated. I did that exercise several times and P4 always landed vertically without returning to the assigned home. Any hints?
Thanks
Janusz

Double check how far away you actually are form the initial home point. if you aren't the minimum distance (20 m, if I remember correctly), the bird will just land immediately when RTH is initiated. double check which measuring system you are in too. could be confusing units.

Double check how far away you actually are form the initial home point. if you aren't the minimum distance (20 m, if I remember correctly), the bird will just land immediately when RTH is initiated. double check which measuring system you are in too. could be confusing units.
This is what is happening. Exactly. You aren't far enough away from the home point. It sounds like you are 50 feet not 50 meters away from home.

This is what is happening. Exactly. You aren't far enough away from the home point. It sounds like you are 50 feet not 50 meters away from home.

I checked carefully the distance and it was around 40 meters for sure. Today, I re-calibrated IMU, Compass and Gimbal. Now the baby goes home as expected. BTW: my concern is what happens when I take off close to the water (less than 20 meters) and I loose control for any reason. In that case, P4 will land vertically down from the current position which may be less than 20 m from the predefined home point. It may happen that the landing point is in in water. How to prevent from that scenario?

I checked carefully the distance and it was around 40 meters for sure. Today, I re-calibrated IMU, Compass and Gimbal. Now the baby goes home as expected. BTW: my concern is what happens when I take off close to the water (less than 20 meters) and I loose control for any reason. In that case, P4 will land vertically down from the current position which may be less than 20 m from the predefined home point. It may happen that the landing point is in in water. How to prevent from that scenario?
You can cancel RTH by holding the button down a few seconds or just push up on the left stick and you bird will stop descending and rise, this will give you time to cancel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik