Restricted (edited)

Reaction score
Ok, I flew an old battery as far, well it's old. Flew it around a mile and a half. Got the battery is low RTH warning at 76% or so. Cancelled that and brought it back close and flew it to around 20%. It has been doing this since I bought the P3A. My P3S made it to the bottom of the Atlantic by my fault so I upgrade to the Advanced. I don't understand that since it is only 3.5 months old. 50 charges and upgrade to the latest soft or firmware if you will. This is another story, however y'all can give me insight on it. Ok so after that I put in the battery, mind you, it's all updated, took off I was restricted to around 165 feet high and 100 feet out from home. Never has this happened. I have everything in DJI GO to max limit. Never had that restriction. Deleted the app. Turned everything off during, reinstalled the app and then flew as far as the battery would let me.... anyone had this happen? What's up. It kinda [EXPLETIVE REMOVED]. I got two batteries. One is the one that came with the P3S that I'm scared to fly long cause of the premature battery warning and then this. Enlighten me on anything similar... thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I flew an old battery as far, well it's old. Flew it around a mile and a half. Got the battery is low at 76% or so. Cancelled that and brought it back close and flew it to around 20%. It has been doing this since I bought the p3a. My p3a made it to the bottom of the Atlantic by my fault so I upgrade to the Advanced. I don't understand that since it is only 3.5 months old. 50 charges and upgrade to the latest soft or firmware if you will. This is another story, however y'all can give me insight on it. Ok so after that I put in the battery, mind you, it's all updated, took off I was restricted to around 165 feet high and 100 feet out from home. Never has this happened. I have everything in DJI GO to max limit. Never had that restriction. Deleted the app. Turned everything off during and then flew as far as the battery would let me.... anyone had this happen? What's up. It kinda pissed me off. I got two batteries. One is the one that came with the P3S that I'm scared to fly long cause Rolf the premature battery warning and then this. Enlighten me on anything similar... thanks in advance
Did you login to your DJI account after you'd updated the RC and AC FW? If not, that'll be the solution to your problem, so go and log into your DJI account....

I keep getting restricted height and distance after upgrading firmware with the P3P. Logging out and back in afterward it still seems to do it. I downloaded kittyhawk app. Found if I switch to kittyhawk when I get the maximum height, I can go higher and then switch back to DJI go. Kittyhawk doesn't auto return when the battery level gets to what is an estimated minimum like DJI go does.

I was still signed in. And flew an older batter first without the restriction. I deleted the DJI go app and reinstalled on my iPhone and it had no restriction. Still showed me as signed in

Once again I started with the old battery. Signed in. All is good I thought.. got the restriction. Deleted the app and reinstalled. Was still signed in so I signed out and signed in again. Flew with no restriction after that... what's the word guys? Any workaround to this issue other than wasting 10-15 of my battery? I also think I've found my RTH problem. Got a low cell. I flew it to 0 percent just to see if it would reset itself. Don't think it will since there's almost half left after it says 0. Any thoughts on either?
bc49b84b78cdb97f6fe09835598bb59c.jpg

I flew it to 0 percent just to see if it would reset itself. Don't think it will since there's almost half left after it says 0. Any thoughts on either?

Flying/running a Lipo down that low "usually" causing irreversible cell damage. We run ours no lower than 9% for the Deep Cycle process and when it's that low you watch it closely or you'll be down to ZERO in a blink.

Reactions: Numone
Once again I started with the old battery. Signed in. All is good I thought.. got the restriction. Deleted the app and reinstalled. Was still signed in so I signed out and signed in again. Flew with no restriction after that... what's the word guys? Any workaround to this issue other than wasting 10-15 of my battery? I also think I've found my RTH problem. Got a low cell. I flew it to 0 percent just to see if it would reset itself. Don't think it will since there's almost half left after it says 0. Any thoughts on either?
bc49b84b78cdb97f6fe09835598bb59c.jpg
Did you see that thread from a coup!e of weeks ago about this problem? Title has "battery change" in it. Maybe look for that one.

Suggest you sign out of your account, then fully close the app by pressing the home button twice so you can see what apps are open, then swipe GO upwards to dump it. Go back an open the app, and then sign back into your account again.

I updated the firmware last night and got the same restrictions. I loggged out of dji go app and then deleted it. Once i reinstalled and logged back in I've had no problems

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj