Resetting Home Lock and Course Lock NOT working

Ok, tried it twice and it worked as it is supposed to. Both times the green lights flashed rapidly, and the distance to craft was reduced to near zero. Five very, very quick flips from off to HL.

Well today I encountered the problem of not being able to RESET Home Lock. It's not something I have done very often or of late but it has always worked in the past.
I was shooting a house today with overhanging trees, had sat's and flashing greens and was about to take off but it occurred to me that should RTH kick in it was a bit risky. In the past I've moved my Phantom into an open space, set new Home Position then taken it back to my original preferred launch site to get the shot I want. So todayI picked it up, walked past 10m into the open to set a new Home Point but no matter how many times I tried, no luck.
S2 switches are working as they should and I use Home Lock at the start of every flight to check my Home Position is set correctly.
I'm suspecting it's 3.06.

I doubt it's related to the firmware.

Verify the switch [S2] is working properly with the PS Assist. s/w.
There are reports of the switch not operating properly.

For manual CL setting, DJI recommends: 3 -5 "Off - Course Lock - Off" cycles
For manual HL setting, DJI recommends: 3 -5 "Course Lock - Home Lock - Course Lock" cycles

This can be found here:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... Home_Point

Sorry in advance if this has been posted before.

Yeah showing all working in the assistant plus CL and HL are both working when flying, just can't reset.
As I said in my post I use HL every flight and have reset numerous times in the past, just not since 3.06 and now the issue arises.

Honestly, mine is quirky too with latest firmware. Having a hard time getting it to reset both HL and CL.

srandall25 said:
DirtyBird - you're the home point reset king! You using 3.06???

I think DB still flying with 1.08 firmware.
I would revert back too if I didn't have the magnetic declination issue.

I still haven't been able to find a solution except dropping firmware.
How do we address this with DJI and have it resolved in 3.06+0.01 firmware?

Thanks

My FC40 does has the same issue, cannot re-set HL or CL, will set it's self on start up every time, then no more, on the ground or in flight, goes along with the tbe & j-hook it has in GPS mode so it's not restricted to the vision +.

I run 3.06 and don't have the reset issues described here. Did some quick tests yesterday and it resets every time while in the air as long as i flip the switch 3-5 times between the Off-CL or CL - HL position respectively with a steady pace. I tried in both GPS and Atti mode and it worked for both modes.

^ Ditto ^

Panamon Creel said:
I run 3.06 and don't have the reset issues described here. Did some quick tests yesterday and it resets every time while in the air as long as i flip the switch 3-5 times between the Off-CL or CL - HL position respectively with a steady pace. I tried in both GPS and Atti mode and it worked for both modes.
Fkicking between Off and CL you are resetting the course lock (also useful).
You can toggle between Off and HL or between CL and HL to reset home.
You have to do it pretty much as quickly as is possible, it often takes a couple of attempts.

4wd said:
Panamon Creel said:
Fkicking between Off and CL you are resetting the course lock (also useful).
You can toggle between Off and HL or between CL and HL to reset home.
You have to do it pretty much as quickly as is possible, it often takes a couple of attempts.

IMO it's better to do separate orientation reset (Off-CL) and home point reset (CL-HL) to get the confirmation on each, doing it full OFF to HL may reset orientation or home point or both but you won't know which one got confirmed by flashing green LEDs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl