Report or not report

Reaction score
Would you report to the FAA a "Certified Drone Operator" flying in Class D 0 AGL airspace? Location is within 0.5 miles of an AF base and routinely has C-130 and CV-22 aircraft flying low enough to read the tail numbers.

Last edited:
Be hard to fly in a NFZ. Maybe they got permission? I know in Panama City area those jets fly low from Tyndall AFB. Maybe not that low, but close. You could notify FAA, let them check it out. That’s your judgment call.

Reactions: GFields
Reactions: TontoFAC
Would you report to the FAA a "Certified Drone Operator" flying in Class D 0 AGL airspace? Location is within 0.5 miles of an AF base and routinely has C-130 and CV-22 aircraft flying low enough to rad the tail numbers.
Absolutely would and HAVE reported such actions!

Reactions: JimD.
I get waivers all the time to fly in 0' areas in Davis Monthan AFB Class C airspace, sometimes right against the fence. I don't mind someone reporting me for it - the waiver is in the system - but if it impacts me doing my job or causes me issues, I'm not going to be happy about it.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I get waivers all the time to fly in 0' areas in Davis Monthan AFB Class C airspace, sometimes right against the fence. I don't mind someone reporting me for it - the waiver is in the system - but if it impacts me doing my job or causes me issues, I'm not going to be happy about it.
If you have the proper waivers/clearances you should not be affected. This is for those who don't!

If you have the proper waivers/clearances you should not be affected. This is for those who don't!
I understand the intent, but how would you know whether one as an airspace authorization? Are you just going to report them anyway?

Class C and Class D have different requirements. This is a class D area and must go through DroneZone.

Last edited:
You ask... odd concept right!
First clue I had was when I mentioned to him it was Class D 0 AGL, he told me to mind my own business. I requested a waiver for this exact spot and was denied, the reason given was that Hurlburt Field, who controls this class D does not want any UAS's operations.

My attitude is, whilst it disappoints me to see people doing the wrong thing, my job is obey, not police the rules.
If someone overtakes me on the highway, I don't write their plate down and report them.
Up the road, they may well get pulled over.
Not my job.
Hey, if no one else is in imminent danger, my status is : "If it isn't my dog, I don't walk it. "

First clue I had was when I mentioned to him it was Class D 0 AGL, he told me to mind my own business. I requested a waiver for this exact spot and was denied, the reason given was that Hurlburt Field, who controls this class D does not want any UAS's operations.
Are you a LEO requesting to see the waiver? If you are not, I would give you the same answer he did. If he is 107 certified and obtained a waiver for the flight there is no problem.

As for your own waiver request, what was the intent and purpose of the flight? If you are not 107 certified you will be denied access to all 0 altitude sectors in the UAS Facilities Map (LAANC).

Reactions: WV. Rootman
If your daughter was air crew on one of those planes you probably would report them. Someone’s daughter probably is flying on one of those planes.
Not sure what you're implying but it seems you're confused as I stated I definitely would report someone and I have already...

If your daughter was air crew on one of those planes you probably would report them. Someone’s daughter probably is flying on one of those planes.
Going off the deep end a little? No plane has been crashed by a drone. Take it in perspective. Cars kill people much more. (What an understatement!) Do you turn in every person violating the laws of the road?

Reactions: scrimshaw
Going off the deep end a little? No plane has been crashed by a drone. Take it in perspective. Cars kill people much more. (What an understatement!) Do you turn in every person violating the laws of the road?
Well this thread is regarding drones not cars.

Sorry, you are right. No it's not about cars. Lol. I was trying to use an analogy to try to make it easier to see a prospective point. It was directed toTimothy Smith. Again, sorry you didn't get it.
Oh I got it...

This thread is starting to get snarky so let’s cool down a bit people. Any more of this and the thread will be locked!

Reactions: Rick218

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic