Question concerning airspace authrorization... which is correct, FAA UAS map site or Airmap?

sar104,
A little better pic. The fields to the right I KNOW are off limits. The smaller one to the right, according to dji geofence, is inside the no fly zone as well. I tried the northern most point as well as southern most. Wouldn't even spin a prop. More of a curiosity than anything. According to your first image I should be able to fly the field to the left, but I can't. Tried a few weeks ago looking for a fender that had come off one of our Spray rigs. Again, it's more a curiosity than anything. All these different maps showing different no fly zones, and dji getting too obnoxious with their geofence.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190702-093000.jpg
    Screenshot_20190702-093000.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 134
sar104,
A little better pic. The fields to the right I KNOW are off limits. The smaller one to the right, according to dji geofence, is inside the no fly zone as well. I tried the northern most point as well as southern most. Wouldn't even spin a prop. More of a curiosity than anything. According to your first image I should be able to fly the field to the left, but I can't. Tried a few weeks ago looking for a fender that had come off one of our Spray rigs. Again, it's more a curiosity than anything. All these different maps showing different no fly zones, and dji getting too obnoxious with their geofence.

OK - the east side fields are in the surface Class D, but the west is unrestricted Class G, and both are not anywhere close to the special use restricted airspace.

The FAA does seem to have implemented a larger restricted zone for sUAS, but that still doesn't impact your location:

I would contact DJI and point out that their restricted area (red) is completely wrong.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
OK - the east side fields are in the surface Class D, but the west is unrestricted Class G, and both are not anywhere close to the special use restricted airspace.

View attachment 112546

The FAA does seem to have implemented a larger restricted zone for sUAS, but that still doesn't impact your location:

View attachment 112547

I would contact DJI and point out that their restricted area (red) is completely wrong.
Exactly! Kinda irritating to drive all the way over there, thinking it'll be no big deal to fly out and find this part that is potentially a hazard for my combine, only to discover I brought a paperweight instead of a working drone! Who at dji do I need to contact to see if this can be resolved? Just send a email saying "Hey, your geofence sucks in this location!"??? ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20